Redhawk Caldera something always brings me back to you.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin felt as though she were having an out of body experience. Desiring to give up her adventuring was one thing, but to be self-aware enough to realize it was so incredibly unlike her to do so? Unheard of. Her mind ran to Colt, as it often did in these moments where she pulled away from her reckless past. She thought of what he would say to see her now. Those who had been with her at the Caldera the longest could see the change in her clearly enough to recognize it, as Elwood asserted with the way he responded to her declaration, but only Colt really knew her at her wildest and quite possibly her worst.

In any event, Fin nudged her brother from her mind and returned to the present with her mate. "Yeah, I'm sure," she confirmed, "I haven't had time for it in months and let's face it - did it really ever do the pack much good that I know the best route from here to the coast? I can be more useful mentoring the kids, and it will give me more of the time I need to help you lead." It was the right decision, and Finley was truly drawn to it. She had only ever picked up scouting because it fed her need to feel free of any ties that she considered to be holding her down. Plus, it had been a cool title to brag about back in the day. This was better. There was no need to run anymore. Plus, she could still brag about it. Win-win.

"I'm keeping my mercenary job, though," Fin tacked on with a slight smile, "I need to keep my bear-fighting skills sharpened so I can keep you in line." The memory of Elwood sitting up and doing a bear impression for her the day they'd first met was forefront in her mind, brightening her smile as she considered it.

Messages In This Thread
something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 20, 2017, 04:14 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 23, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 27, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 28, 2017, 08:36 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - May 09, 2017, 07:18 PM