Blacktail Deer Plateau The road outside my house is paved with good intentions
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't know what caused her to awaken. Perhaps some instinct alerted her that not all was right within her world.

Her lids lifted suddenly with the alertness of one who has learnt to never sleep too soundly. Dark eyes blinked blindly in the pitch, unable to make out anything but the sound of her mate's labored breaths. A few moments and her eyes had adjusted enough to make out his shadowy silhouette. The fae's speckled brow crumpled with concern, groggy as she reached for him through the dark. 

"Kavik?" she whispered hesitantly, trepidation curling around her heart with an icy grip. Warmth brushed against her muzzle, his thick ruff, and she buried it within his coat - the scent comforting but bittersweet. The healer could smell no injuries yet her pallid ears flickered in time to his harsh resperation as anxiety pooled in her stomach. 

Liri whined ever so softly, not wanting to disturb him if she was mistaken about his pain, but wanting to supply comfort if she wasn't. The last thing she desired was to infringe on the Alpha's peace or annoy him, which was in part the reason she had avoided him so. 

The Tonrar pressed close to the man who had given her the name, her paws alongside Kavik's and her head tipped beneath the hollow of his neck, seeking to comfort him with soft shhing noises.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The road outside my house is paved with good intentions - by Síff - October 17, 2018, 06:09 AM