Wheeling Gull Isle Cordelia
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
The little fluffball seemed to be shrinking in on herself, growing smaller and smaller. This was a bit of a novel experience for Driftwood, who blinked down at her as her adorably overlarge ears toppled sidewise into one another, the fluffy tips intertwining like a pair of grassy seedheads intermingling in the wind. He also saw her little tuft of a tail sweeping hopefully across the ground, though, and bit back an overindulgent smile at the sight. He crouched gently down to lay his belly across the sandy earth and put himself on the nervously excitable little one's level. He could empathize all too well with what he could guess was her current somewhat fraught emotional state.

His golden eyes flickered to her tufted ears as they airplaned out, and then back to her face. Treasure, he agreed in a conspiratorially hushed voice, not quite recalling at the moment that this was a commonly-used nickname for the girl. What he was busy optimistically thinking instead was that perhaps his whispering would lure the little creature in a little closer, and make her feel a little less potentially threatened by him thereby. ...I know your mom can't be too far away, but maybe it could be a good thing. Are you feeling a little scared? Hopefully not too scared, I'm thinking, because see—I totally had treasure in mind today. He stealthily moved his paw to nudge the mottled brown seashell's scalloped ridges a little bit closer, all the better to display them to the girl at their best possible angle. It was a fairly pretty patterning, if he did say so himself. ...See, I found this on the beach just now, a bit of buried treasure I sniffed out and dug up. I've brought some shells to your mother before to decorate her den with, and was very much hoping I might be able to find a treasure-hunting assistant somewhere around here who could help me look for more to deliver to her. Most of that decorative shell-gifting had been while Seelie had been confined to the birthing den, actually, in hopes of brightening up the space while she had to stay stuck there, but whatever. He was dead sure she wouldn't say no to an "extra" one gifted by one of her darling babies, in particular. You don't know where I might find somewolf like that, do you?

Driftwood pulled a forlorn and almost comically plaintive face, looking helplessly to little Thresher as he awaited her reply with bated breath. Would she take the bait and join in on his little game? He so wanted her to be as happy and enthusiastic as every puppy really should be, especially around all the bigger packmates that he hoped she could soon better trust.
Messages In This Thread
Cordelia - by Thresher - October 06, 2018, 11:21 PM
RE: Cordelia - by Driftwood - November 03, 2018, 02:11 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Thresher - November 03, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: Cordelia - by Driftwood - November 04, 2018, 01:36 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Thresher - November 04, 2018, 01:44 PM
RE: Cordelia - by Driftwood - November 07, 2018, 04:17 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Thresher - November 07, 2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Cordelia - by Driftwood - November 09, 2018, 02:30 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Thresher - November 11, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Driftwood - December 01, 2018, 02:47 AM
RE: Cordelia - by Thresher - December 11, 2018, 03:40 PM