Ankyra Sound pearls and swine bereft of me
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the young man moved as quickly as he could to remain beside her; he prowled at the flank of his doppelganger with a few huffing breaths into the frigid air. she led him across the beach and into the realm of tide pools. his gaze drifted from the lean shape of her frame to the reflective water with some moderate interest. his eyes latched onto the ripples there before caiaphas pulled them to a stop. he moved a few steps away from her to watch as she motioned with a flick of her gaze and a nod of her narrow muzzle toward the pool.

there was food there – or so she claimed – but he had to find it. there was a concerned expression as he glanced from her to the pool without moving. for a long moment, he did not stir from his spot. for a moment, he had expected that she would demonstrate for him. the expectant look on her face was enough to tell him that he would get no such help. with a thoughtful frown, illidan stepped toward the pool and peered into the water.

he was met with the vivid image of his reflection. the brilliant yellow of his gaze startled him, but the young brute could not pull his attention away. it was the first moment in which he realized just how much he had grown out of his youthful appearance. the cognizance was chilling, and he did what he could to swallow the lump that had gathered in the back of his throat.

though he had adopted the colors of his mother, there was not a soul who had met him who could deny that illidan looked just like his father.
Messages In This Thread
pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 12, 2018, 02:21 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Illidan - December 12, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 12, 2018, 04:17 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Illidan - December 12, 2018, 05:04 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 12, 2018, 07:07 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Illidan - December 12, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 12, 2018, 08:30 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Illidan - December 12, 2018, 11:21 PM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 13, 2018, 10:13 AM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Illidan - December 13, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: pearls and swine bereft of me - by Caiaphas - December 13, 2018, 12:43 PM