float away
i want some more
53 Posts
Ooc — ebony

claudia

i'll put you in your coffin

/////////////////////////////////////////////

They had traveled too long, and Claudia was secretly glad when her crimson-hued guardian suggested in a gentle voice that they rest. "I shall find us a little grotto," the golden child chimed mockingly, before setting her small snout to the ground and tripping off in a meandering pace. Madeline followed not far behind, allowing her tiny charge a respectable amount of distance, but not so much that she could not dash in to rescue the girl if danger threatened.

It was a creek by which they searched; Claudia did not know the name for it, so pretended it was a field of ice, and crossing it would result in certain death. Despite her adult-like proclivities, the gilded bairn was by turns also resplendent with immaturity, as surely Madeline could attest to well. Ma petite, the redfurred woman called, halting in her path. I will find us something to eat. She did not instruct Claudia against straying, nor did she attempt to subdue the child to her whims; such was their bond, with the smaller of the two the more dominant. It was only natural, given Madeline's beginnings.

And so she pressed on, breaking into a camber that carried her quite swiftly alongside Ice Canyon. Humming to herself, Claudia would have not spotted the boy up ahead, had not the thump of deer's hoof sounded nearby, drawing her out of selfish reverie. It was a buck, and he leapt, landing in the shallows before pressing forward with speed, nares flaring at the scent of wolves, even young ones.

She saw him then, a youngling shadow, and lengthened her short stride until she had drawn near. "You!" Claudia called to the dim ghost of a child, blindly assuming he would hear her, and want to speak. "Where are you going?"

aoves
Messages In This Thread
float away - by Niklaus - September 25, 2013, 01:33 AM
RE: float away - by Claudia - September 25, 2013, 02:02 AM
RE: float away - by Noah - September 25, 2013, 02:08 AM
RE: float away - by Niklaus - October 02, 2013, 05:41 PM
RE: float away - by Claudia - October 04, 2013, 07:23 PM