Sun Mote Copse I got a head full of sharp knives
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She only spared a cursory glance for Epic as he withdrew, her attention fully ensnared by Kiwi's state and the smell of her son on the girl's fur. "He..." Wildfire felt a lump in her throat as she pressed nearer, nosing the yearling, looking for any signs of injury even as she waited breathlessly for some terrible tale about how he'd tried to harm his little sister, still natrona in his eyes.

But the news that spilled from Kiwi's lips seemed to suck all that air from Wildfire's lungs. Her lips parted, a stricken look in her chestnut eyes even as they clouded with disbelief. As much as she had come to resent her former mate, then remove herself entirely from that chapter of her life, this information struck Wildfire like a blow. She sat down, hard, a strange noise rasping from her throat.

"Are you—?" She meant to add "okay," then realized the futility of that question mid-sentence. Wildfire shook her head, tears already beginning to swim in her golden eyes. She blinked and they began to fall, rapidly. "Did he—?" This time, she couldn't finish. Wildfire reached out a paw to delicately touch Kiwi's shoulder, as if trying to reassure herself that Artaax hadn't added physical blows to this emotional one.
Messages In This Thread
I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 16, 2019, 09:32 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 16, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 17, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - February 19, 2019, 02:18 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 22, 2019, 03:48 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 22, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - February 24, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 28, 2019, 10:22 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 28, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - March 05, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - March 05, 2019, 06:43 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - March 05, 2019, 07:18 PM