Sun Mote Copse I got a head full of sharp knives
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Despite the darkness, Wildfire noticed the wounds on the back of Kiwi's neck in the instant before she swooned. "Kiwi!" she cried, immediately swooping down beside her and inserting her foreleg beneath the girl's head to cushion it. She twitched a few times, then seemed to come back to herself. The Sovereign's eyes were full of both tears and worry as she returned the Regent's gaze.

Wildfire loved her children unconditionally. But as she peered down at her yearling daughter, she felt a ripple of rage pass through her. She could've wrung Artaax's neck for what he'd done. But that savage fury passed quickly, subsumed by grief for her children and even for herself. Wildfire had severed all ties with Thuringwethil, yet she still mourned the woman's death. She also empathized for how badly the loss must've hurt her eldest children in particular, even though nothing excused Artaax's insistence on harming those he considered natrona.

Bending over Kiwi, Wildfire buried her head in her child's neck. "I'm so sorry, Kiwi," she said, voice thick with tears and muffled by the fur just a few shades browner than her own.
Messages In This Thread
I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 16, 2019, 09:32 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 16, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 17, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - February 19, 2019, 02:18 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 22, 2019, 03:48 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 22, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - February 24, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Epic - February 28, 2019, 10:22 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - February 28, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - March 05, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Kiwi RIP - March 05, 2019, 06:43 PM
RE: I got a head full of sharp knives - by Wildfire - March 05, 2019, 07:18 PM