Sheepeater Cliff And wound up sleeping on the floor again
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

The northron had first encountered the bighorn flocks the summer before, when she still ruled the Plateau. They had never journeyed to the treacherous cliffs for the purpose of hunting the sheep - they'd subsisted mainly upon the blacktail deer herd they shared the stately forest with. 

Now the sylph claimed the Vale - which had no such lingering swarm of deer. 

Sheepeater Cliff provided an opportunity to be scoped which led the healer to the crumbled ridges upon a sunny and fair moment. The huntress had not expected to sniff out a scent trail so early but even from the summit - the recent odor of a ram set her mouth to watering. 

It was with great care that she picked her way through the boulders - a slip meant maiming herself on the way down or even death, to disturb a stone with her paw meant to alert any nearby sheep to her presence. 

Dark eyes lifted as she neared a grassy knoll, peeking out at the ram who played lookout for his flock from behind a wall of loose shale. 

The aspiring Viking was formulating a plan in her mind when the silent wings of a golden eagle swooped in. A flash of talons, a bleat of fear and both vanished over the precipice. 

A swear burst from her lips, for the others had scattered regardless. 

By the time Liri reached the ground, she found the ram crumpled upon the ground - eagle perched atop and picking at the still warm carcass with hooked beak. 

Liri stalked forward, teeth bared as the eagle spread its wings in warning. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
And wound up sleeping on the floor again - by Síff - April 17, 2019, 10:43 PM
RE: And wound up sleeping on the floor again - by Keyni - April 23, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: And wound up sleeping on the floor again - by Síff - April 23, 2019, 03:45 PM
RE: And wound up sleeping on the floor again - by Keyni - April 26, 2019, 12:58 PM
RE: And wound up sleeping on the floor again - by Síff - April 29, 2019, 03:14 PM