Whitefish River i cannot bear this
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
for @Sindri :) @Evergreen @Morgan (for reference/visibility)

The images crept upon her when she was most vulnerable, in the throes of sleep. Faces remained in shadow, malicious silhouettes that evaporated upon waking - fleeing behind the walls of her amnesia where she could not see them. 

An ochre-pelted girl, sister, bleeding in the snow - gutted by an ursine. 

A man as dark as night, a trickster who forced the child into abusive marriage: Liri pinned to the earth by her stepson, claws slicing along the breadth of her ribcage like trails of fire. 

A tawny man of good looks, a leader and brother, who married her off like chattel. 

A fire-forged fiend who tore her apart from inside out, leaving her in the dirt like she was nothing

The dove wakes with a start, dark eyes - nearly black in the night - flying open to wheel wildly, scanning the darkened den with panic. 

The dream fades and she sighs wearily, scrubbing her pale features against her foreleg as her heart thrums within her chest. With a shove, she lifts to her uneven amount of paws and pads to the entrance. She pulled the summer air into her breast with greedy inhales, pelt stirring faintly in the cool breeze. 

She knows Evergreen (or Morgan perhaps) will be keeping watch over the dozing recruits, over the still hours of the night. The ghost glides from the encampment on silent paws, wishing to disturb none with her damage. 

The anxiety simmers under her flesh, coiling against her skin as it seeks escape. Her nose and paws tingle numbly as she pads into the darkness - pointed to the River - leftover remnants of a panic attack. 

Gravel shifted and crunched softly underfoot as the blanchard escaped the trees, leaving them behind to curl upon the banks with her body held hunched close together - as if to protect herself. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
i cannot bear this - by Síff - May 23, 2019, 11:42 PM
RE: i cannot bear this - by Sindri - May 31, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: i cannot bear this - by Síff - June 04, 2019, 05:45 PM