Golden Glade upon the moment i could talk, i was ordered to listen
L U M P Y
122 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sionnach could barely sit still as rannoch instructed her of their game. she nodded vigorously, plopped her butt into the dirt, and swore she'd be the stillest motherhecker on this side of the teekon. she'd be so still rannoch might think she was dead; she was gonna ace this still-test, truly.

but two seconds after her dad turned around sionnach felt like a ball of buzzing anxiety. if you took a hundred angry hornets, put them in a little mason jar, and then shook the hell out of them -- well, that kind of buzzing cacophony would describe sionnach in that moment. she was positively rippling so much her skin might as well take on its own form and crawl away.

no sooner had rannoch announced he was ready did sionnach surge off to battle in a dashing advance that would have made napoleon's marengo snort in admiration; but then she remembered, she was supposed to be quiet. she halted clumsily, causing an absolute racket.  "WAIT! DO OVER!" sionnach yelled over the clearing, going back to her spot. once there, she flattened herself to the ground. even her ears airplaned out to her sides. taking in a deep breath, sionnach took one step and then the next - marveling at how damn hard it was to step quietly. she didn't even realize that walking through grass was ever this damn loud -- it was all she could do to not growl with frustration as her stupid paws made the most noise ever.
Messages In This Thread
RE: upon the moment i could talk, i was ordered to listen - by Sionnach - July 15, 2019, 10:26 AM