Blackfeather Woods if I had a voice, I would sing
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she heard him.

the yell hit her hard, the recognizable high pitched voice both so familiar and so different- because before she'd only heard it express itself in curious and excited tones. this was a cry for help, filled with a very real fear. her paws skid to a stop as her pale forms whips itself around and takes off in the correct direction without a moment's hesitation. bertók flies ahead until his shadowy form disappears from view. find them she silently begs for although the call had given her a rough idea as to what direction he was in, she'd still have to search for an exact location which could lose them valuable time if something was really wrong. she would've once been better at keeping her cool, not letting herself fall into a panic being well aware it would only hinder her. like a block of ice she would've simply dealt with what was wrong. but alas her mind was running riot at the moment and so it decided to run with this too, taunting her cruelly so that her jaw clenched and she moved quicker.

bertók returned with an urgent caw and she followed him without question, trusting the bird more than she'd trust most wolves. he didn't disappoint, leading her right to the ravine's edge where the scents of two hung heavily in the air, one definitely rowan's. but where...? oh fuck, of course. her dark eyes rise to her companion as he glides over the edge, looking down..down, down...fuck. 

swallowing, she steps over to the edge- the breeze ruffling her fur and failing to let any noises from below reach her as images played in her head- broken bodies, dead pups...which then brought on the sickening memory of her own because that had become her mind's favourite trick these days. she winces but doesn't let herself hesitate as she glances across the edge and....exhales a sharp breath she hadn't even known she was holding. a ledge, they were alive on a ledge. "shitshe whispers now because, well shit. shaking herself she straightens, eyes sharpening with a display of her normal(?) self as she gets to business. "hey!she yells down, it was rowan and another not too familiar pup but the scent had her guessing it was cass'. "do not move unless i tell you's to, hear me? are either of you's seriously hurt?

whilst waiting for a response she jabs her head in their direction with a look to bertók whom nodded knowingly and flew down to the ledge. he'd try and keep them calm, cawing softer than she'd ever heard, she hadn't even known the stubborn creature had it in him. she also knew should they do anything stupid he'd try get them back in line. she started scanning the area for possible ways to get them out whilst waiting to hear their reply, no point in thinking of a solution if they weren't able for it- she just had to hope neither of them had been too badly injured.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 06, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 13, 2019, 09:55 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 04:49 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 05:10 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 09:34 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 09:52 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 10:04 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 10:25 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 11:03 AM