Whitefish River that man is not your maker
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
I have, no lie, been trying to reply to this for days and couldn't come up with a suitable way for Jinx to respond so I gave up and went for this. >_>

To her companion's first question, Jinx motioned for the other female to walk with her, supposing she was up for a walk, and started with, they are the spirits of the world, but more importantly, they serve the Gods. They are everywhere, and some of them are... Difficult. There was the fact that Loa possessed a ritualist when they arrived, rather than becoming visible -- although there were documented cases, at least in the memories of Shearwater wolves, of Loa revealing their true forms -- but, so as not to alarm Turquoise, she left that fact out. Likely that explanation brought forth as many questions as it answered, but the Mambo was ignorant of the ambiguity in how she spoke, and in fact, how she always spoke.

She would've been content to reveal more details of the religion, subtly drawing on Turquoise's rapt attention and weaving a spiderweb trap of the promise of magical prowess and power that the woman, enthralled, would've eagerly fallen into, had she not instead requested the very thing Jinx was there for: to see the power of invisibility. Jinx, ever-vague, merely shook her head at first, thinking for an instant that she would get away without an explanation, but succumbing, likely before Turq could comment, to an inevitable sense of guilt in promising an ability but being unwilling to display it.

I'm afraid it is not so simple, she started, doing her best to sound more apologetic than relieved. You see, the Gods are the ones who weave the protection. It takes hours of preparation, prayer, and many offerings to secure their assistance, and then the spore must be used to form an amulet, on whose person a wolf must keep it. The Gods will then shield them... But it is not as you think. The Gods will fill the ears of nearby enemies with fluff and dampen their senses, so the devout may pass by unnoticed... It is the enemy who is acted upon, less so than the wolf seeking to pass by. Whether that was true or not, Jinx couldn't really say. How these things worked was a mystery to them all, but to her, the effect was often upon the deceived and not the deceiver.

The Gods are also not so generous, she finished, as to grant power where it is unnecessary. You are not my foe, so I suspect I would be unable to deceive you. Still feeling somewhat bad about being unable to show Turquoise this supposed, mysterious power of Sos, and yet wishing to make amends for revealing enough to potentially cause disappointment, she offered, if I go out soon to spy upon a pack, if I have the materials, I will invite you, that you may see the way they do not notice me at a proximity they ordinarily would.

<style type="text/css">.jinxle {margin:auto; width:460px; padding:20px; padding-bottom:290px; border:1px solid #000012; background:url('http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/17/tzkq.png') bottom no-repeat; background-color:#8fadd6; font:13px Georgia; color:#335498; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;} .jinxle q {color:#e1f0fb;}</style>
Messages In This Thread
that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 02:27 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - August 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 29, 2013, 02:02 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - August 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 29, 2013, 06:16 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - September 06, 2013, 09:34 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - September 09, 2013, 08:33 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - September 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - October 03, 2013, 04:55 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - October 17, 2013, 10:56 AM