Sun Mote Copse If the world was ending you'd come over, right?
" Mortal eyes cannot distinguish the saint from the heretic. "
— GB Shaw.
42 Posts
Ooc —
Despite the fact he was traipsing about someone else's backyard, it felt nice to have such friendly company. Sure the kid was guarding him more than leading him through the territory, and sure they only just met, but it was the sense of familiarity that eased some of Asa's nerves. He had been so busy with his quest that any semblance of relief was chased after; Niamh, for instance. Having someone around that he could talk to about his situation made Asa feel a little bit more like he was in control of it. Deep down though, the real reason for his enjoyment of this moment was his homesickness; he wished he did not have to travel so far to find what he sought. The copse felt like a home and he wasn't even a part of their family - he knew nothing about them! Foolish, that's what he was. Foolish and hurting.

—he might be able to heal your sister? The boy asked, trying to clarify, and while Asa knew he was not being wholly truthful about the situation he still nodded, a grim expression drifting across his face as he remembered the sprawled body of his sister in the grass.

They went on to ask for a name, and as Asa opened his mouth to say something he was cut off by a flurry of new information. A possible alternative if he should fail in his quest — but he failed to heed that part. No, I can't go to anyone else, he hastily cuts through the boy's words and even partway, he knows he's made a blunder. He pauses and shakes his head slightly, letting the heat of the moment ebb away while his posture slackens a little further; a sign of apology. Eh, I didn't mean to take your head off with that.

The guy I'm lookin' for has a particular set of skills, a specific knowledge. I don't think anyone else would be able to help - else the medics back home would have worked. There, that sounded legit. Asa did not like to lie but he was surprisingly good at it. But uh, as for names'n things, we always called him Doc, but my ma called him Crestwood sometimes. That part was true. Unfortunately for Asa he did not have more to go on.

Note: Adjusted the thread's time to account for other threads, if this screws with your own timeline let me know and I'll redo!
Messages In This Thread
If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - January 28, 2020, 07:13 PM
RE: If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - February 04, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - February 04, 2020, 06:51 PM
RE: If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - February 05, 2020, 02:45 AM
RE: If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - February 07, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: If the world was ending you'd come over, right? - by Asa - February 21, 2020, 02:44 PM