Grouse Thicket I want a ticket to anywhere
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
It was beginning to occur to the boy that he might be lost. These trees were dense, like a maze, like the bars on the cages that he suddenly recalls in vivid detail. Cold, metallic, bloody, confining. But this wasn't like that, he reminded himself - it was less cold, and he was free to go wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Except there were packs and borders and territories, and he didn't know what those things meant, and he was going to ruin this. Santiago was going to be disappointed, he thought desparingly. Maybe he was wrong to let Clarence follow him. 

The jingling of the bracelet grated on his ears and he had to pause and take a deep breath to calm himself down. There was no real risk of him lashing out at anyone or anything right now - there was no sign of life in this place beside the trees. They grew and died, so those must be alive, right? Clarence didn't want to hurt them, either. He didn't want to hurt anybody.

How many people had he hurt before?

A familiar sense of unbelonging overwhelmed him. He didn't fit in here - he was different. Anyone who looked at him could tell. The red of his eyes was like the blood that spilled in the rings. Clarence couldn't stand the sight of them in his reflection. Everything about his body screamed fake, unnatural, manufactured. And for the first time, the boy wondered what did they create me for?

Was he meant just to kill?

And then he snapped out of it. The scent of another wolf entered his nose and he turned his head to see another boy, perhaps around his age, staring at him. Brown fur was standing on end along his nape - he kind of looked like he'd seen a ghost. But in that moment, this boy was Clarence's savior.

"Hi! Hey," he greeted, bouncing toward the other wolf, his curled tail waving happily and red eyes no longer vacant. "I'm lost - does this forest go on forever?" Were they stuck in there forever, was what he meant to ask. Completely unaware of the effect his appearance had on the other wolf, Clarence was smiling brightly, excited to meet a new person, even in the neverending forest.
Messages In This Thread
I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 30, 2020, 10:14 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Clarence - March 30, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 30, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Clarence - March 30, 2020, 11:32 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 31, 2020, 12:01 AM