Blacktail Deer Plateau Calling by stormlight
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Before Koontz could possibly connect, something grasped her shoulder and held her back. Initially, she thought it must be Ray, yet when she whirled to face her assailant, she saw the familiar face of Pied. Her lips moved, though Koontz found herself stunned into speechlessness. She felt Ray whisk to her side, his face grim. When Pied began to yell at Koontz, she could see him bare his teeth out of the corner of her eye. Her own silver ruff bristled indignantly.

She struggled with what to say and how to react. During the heavily pregnant silence, she heard and smelled Yildun approach. Still, words failed her. Finally, Ray spoke for her. "You need to leave—all of you," he told the threesome. "Now," he added emphatically. Koontz could see that he was avoiding looking at Pied too much until that moment; he looked directly at her even as he enunciated the word.

"Yes," Koontz said finally, "you all need to get away and stay away." A thick growl rolled out with her words and her teeth glimmered in the stormy light. "I can't believe you," she added, looking directly at Pied now. "You would defend this disrespectful bitch? This is the second time she's come mouthing off at my borders. Why are you aligning yourself with such garbage, Pied?" Her lips wrinkled in evident disgust. "If you'd side with her over family, then I guess I can't consider you mine any longer."

After glowering at Vilocity, Pied and their silent companion for several minutes, Koontz unleashed a snarl as loud as the distant peals of thunder. "Get out now!" she hissed loudly, wintry eyes flashing with fury. "And if you come back, we won't hesitate to attack with intent to kill."
Messages In This Thread
Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 09, 2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - October 09, 2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - October 09, 2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Cuan - October 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 11, 2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Yildun - October 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - October 14, 2013, 02:41 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - October 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 22, 2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - November 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - November 11, 2013, 02:17 PM