Whitefish River 'Cause I need you here with me
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Okay, so Acheron seemed a little quiet, but that was kind of his normal when he was processing things. She could tell he was surprised, and maybe a little upset, but when he finally spoke, it was only to ask when they would be here. She smiled and answered: Oh, not for another month and a half. Plenty of time for them to get used to the idea. 

She would have offered him more information, but the twins' response had the smile falling from her face. If only she had realized what Emrik had realized, but she didn't. She knew things had been difficult lately with what she told them about their father, but she genuinely believed they would be excited like she was. So to hear Syrma ask if they weren't enough and to be met with Spica's anger because she didn't ask their permission to have more children—It was ridiculous behavior, really, but in the moment, Speedy wasn't thinking about scolding them; she could only think about how much their anger hurt. Perhaps it was hormones, or the subject, or everything that had happened lately between her and the children—maybe it was all three, it didn't really matter, the tears welled in her eyes regardless of the actual reason. They fell quickly down her cheeks before she could stop them. She didn't want to cry like this right now, not with the twins so angry and Acheron so...however he was feeling about it. He wasn't exactly happy, she knew that. It was all so disappointing. She just wanted them all to be happy, and it seemed impossible. 

Emrik stepped forward then, gently scolding the girls for how they were acting. She appreciated it so much, but she didn't want him further driving a wedge between himself and the twins. She sniffled and drew in a deep breath. It's okay, Emrik, she told him softly, gratitude in her bleary gaze as she met his. Then she turned to Spica and Syrma. I know you're angry with me. I should have been more open with you about everything, and I promise I will be in the future, she paused, drawing in another breath to steady herself. But you know better than to think you're not enough. That is ridiculous, she said gently. I love you more than anything, and I honestly thought you would be excited. She shook her head, sniffling a little as she recovered from her tears. She didn't know what else to tell them. She knew they would be angry regardless of what she said. It was partially her fault anyway; she just hoped they would come around by the time the puppies were born. She had been looking forward to seeing them with their little brothers and sisters.
Messages In This Thread
'Cause I need you here with me - by Speedy - May 11, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Acheron - May 11, 2020, 09:23 PM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Spica - May 15, 2020, 04:45 AM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Syrma - May 17, 2020, 12:37 AM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Emrik - May 24, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Speedy - May 26, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Acheron - May 31, 2020, 07:09 PM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Spica - June 04, 2020, 06:49 AM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Syrma - June 06, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Emrik - June 12, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: 'Cause I need you here with me - by Speedy - June 12, 2020, 10:19 PM