Sawtooth Spire though i have closed myself as fingers
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Even though Eleuthera delighted in making friends, she was not delusional. She could feel the coldness coming off of these two wolves — but it was even more than that, a feeling. It was dripping in everything they said. If Eleuthera was hoping for warmth or support, she was quickly realizing that she would not find it here. It was no matter; as a seasoned traveler, Eleuthera had seen many cultures that she, personally, did not align with. It did not invalidate them, or make them less deserving of a safe and secure home. 

It was her duty, as a Seraph of Elysium and now a Faerie of Seelie Court, to protect peace at all costs, was it not?

Despite that, Eleuthera hadn’t come with an ulterior motive; she had only provided one when pressed for it — and she felt chastised for it. Her lavender gaze immediately dropped, wondering if she should apologize for approaching their borders in the first place. There was something about this woman that made her feel like a pup, just playing at politics, and not a grown woman of more than two years. She did make some great points, though; points that Leu had been willing herself not to think about. Now they were suddenly on the forefront of her mind. Thoughts like: there's really no point to any of this, is there?

“My friends and family all died protecting my home," Eleuthera admitted, even though the black and white woman hadn’t really been seeking the story. However, it was the reality that Eleuthera reminded herself at night often, when she had to convince herself out of running from the whole thing, entirely. “It would be an honor to sacrifice my life as they did. " Of this, she was convinced — but it didn’t mean she didn’t hate the very idea of it. Destiny was a funny, fickle thing, that way.

The lilac fae finally looked up from the spot of earth just beyond her toes.
“If I were in your position, I would likely say the same." It was true. Why would they pledge their family, their friends, to a cause that didn’t yet involve them? Eleuthera was a stranger, who had approached a strange pack. They owed Seelie Court nothing. “I am only a simple messenger," she grimaced, knowing she was working outside of her rank. “commenting on things I probably shouldn’t," and if the pair of wolves allowed it, she continued, “but I could not bear to think that evil might befall an innocent pack, all because I was not forthcoming with my  own troubles." Again, they hadn't asked, but she wanted to explain her concerns, and they were not about upcoming battles. It was about the innocent creatures that might get caught in the crossfire.

Eleuthera looked at the white male, not meeting his gaze directly, but feeling more comfortable here. This was the first time he had said anything at all.
“They have a litany of allegations against them, from several packs. Kidnapping, trespassing, provoking meaningless fights, blatant lying — direct disrespect to authority." The woman shook her head. It was an impressive rap sheet. “The Saints follow a brindle man named Donovan. His is not to be trusted." With that, Eleuthera placed her ears close to her head and felt her soul shrink back, down the mountains, towards where she came, back in the direction of the Willows. She had done her duty, and now the ball was in their court. Either way, Seelie Court would have to deal with the Saints eventually, and she must get to safer grounds soon.
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - July 22, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - July 23, 2020, 10:50 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - July 29, 2020, 10:19 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - July 31, 2020, 10:37 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 02, 2020, 11:10 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - August 04, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - August 04, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 05, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - August 31, 2020, 11:02 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - August 31, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 31, 2020, 08:15 PM