Arrow Lake and half a hurricane
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard had nothing to say to that that wasn't a fractionally more amused baring of teeth. it was true, and they both knew it. donovan wasn't a spy, renard didn't have the patience to explain to him that disguising a scent would be difficult in the best case, but they weren't inclined to say anything about it. seelie court was the best choice. they might have spoken to orlaith, but there'd been no blows exchanged. not like any other place he was likely to send them. 

this was why it was better to let the people above you dig their own graves. they'd played a dangerous game and it was looking like they'd lost the bet, but someone had to start moving this along. given time, donovan would do it himself, or one of the people he'd gathered. 

impatience hadn't been a problem before they'd left the north. donovan was bringing a lot of their flaws to light. maybe they should be thanking him, instead of all of this.

all they were doing now was hoping that a bad decision could at least lead to something worth their time. 

her words were as foreign as they had been in the meadow. they saw no harm in asking. "is this about nemisis?" it was the only thing renard could think this was about. as far as they were aware, the saints hadn't touched sagtannet, and they couldn't imagine donovan would still be this quiet about it if he had.

the saints had touched her. which meant it was revenge. it wasn't that renard didn't see the appeal in those things. but it was such a fine line to walk, and recklessness had gotten more than one person killed, and for the moment they were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it was with significantly more consideration that they appraised her next words. 

if she got too eager, she was taking them down with her.

"i know donovan's particularly..." they hummed, "upset with yuèlóng. he has one of theirs held in the canyon. but i'm sure he'll send the kid right back and any information with him." for all his posturing, it was a little funny that the only wolf he'd killed was another saint.

"i'm sure any information about seelie court would convince him i did my job." renard smiled. "but that opportunity is why i'm here. i'm interested. what do you think i should tell them?"
Messages In This Thread
and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - August 27, 2020, 04:54 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by Renard - August 28, 2020, 01:43 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - August 28, 2020, 03:36 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by Renard - August 31, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - September 01, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: and half a hurricane - by Renard - September 01, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - September 05, 2020, 04:38 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by Renard - September 08, 2020, 01:19 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - September 10, 2020, 09:06 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by Renard - September 11, 2020, 01:11 AM
RE: and half a hurricane - by RIP Praimfaya - September 11, 2020, 02:11 PM