Firefly Glen It gets so sticky down here
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It was as though Leta was reading Jackalope like a well-loved, hand-worn book, and reading out loud without even needing to glance down at the text. She expressed the same amount of familiarity with him that he had with her, and it stroked his ego to feel that she was reciprocating his friendliness, which he interpreted as being flirtation. How he wished, though, that this Osiris hadn't come along- he would have been able to savour the moment and potentially push for more than what he could with a leader present. And while Jackalope might not have been the most clever wolf in the woods, he did note with a quirk of one eyebrow that Osiris made a possessive emphasis on his claim of Leta as his...Packmate. Was this jealousy? Jackalope did love to play with fire. 

And she'd eben paid (what he believed was) a compliment to his nose. This was going very well. 

Well, as well as it could, considering there was now a pack in the place where he used to hunt jackrabbits. He wasn't entirely sure how to take Leta's comment on being 'one-and-the-same' as the wolves he'd referenced, and she seemed to hint that their claim on the Geln could be of benefit, potentially, to the wolves of Neverwinter as well- as it would mean that there would be extra guardians keeping an eye out for all the rumoured killers that had spread through the land like a disease. He flicked an ear. Yes, he was aware that they existed, though having had little personal experience with them, he wasn't entirely certain it was something he had to worry about. 

It was interesting to him, then, to hear that Osiris cleared up his momentary confusion, stating in fact that they were of Moonspear, and that they were indeed laying claim and that they certainly had not approached his leaders. "Ahhh, Osiris," He said slyly with a dry laugh that rattled in his chest. "So you are telling me you would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission?" He questioned. There was something patronizing in his voice, for sure- this yearling buck and his lovely young doe had made a choice that made Jackalope wonder exactly how Mal and Simmik would react to the news. "You're putting me in an awfully awkward position; I hate being the messenger, see...Messengers are often damned, you know; but I can't exactly go about playing dumb now that I've got gossip," He said. He flicked his tongue across his teeth. "Unless there were something in it for me."
Messages In This Thread
It gets so sticky down here - by Jackalope - October 12, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Leta - October 12, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Jackalope - October 12, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Leta - October 12, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Osiris’s Ghost - October 12, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Jackalope - October 12, 2020, 04:54 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Leta - October 12, 2020, 05:17 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Osiris’s Ghost - October 12, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Jackalope - October 12, 2020, 09:24 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 08:51 AM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Osiris’s Ghost - October 22, 2020, 10:04 AM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Jackalope - October 22, 2020, 04:54 PM
RE: It gets so sticky down here - by Leta - October 27, 2020, 08:20 AM