Porcupine Ridge x ilukutak
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂
Eleuthera was an intuitive sort, but she completely failed to intuit that there was any sort of plot behind the man’s offer, or anything beyond true philanthropy. Though, why would she? Eleuthera, in terms of the wide breadth of possible life experiences, was relatively naïve. Not inexperienced per se, as there were many things she had seen in her young life, but she had a tendency to gravitate towards beings of light, who operated from their heart. Her first run-in with true badness was with the Saints, and even that wasn’t so bad. Even still, the death of her birth family had been so random act of god, not any violence or innate badness.

A small part of Eleuthera had begun to think that she might even be impervious to evil. Alas, she was not impervious — just easily trusting, and in need of the things that Kigipigak spoke of. He continued to speak sweetly, about his brothers and the culture from which their family hailed. He spoke of true brotherhood and strength; topics from which, Eleuthera could not derive any concern at all. In fact, she ate it up.
“Being a warrior does not make you brutal,” she noted, not sure if there was any truth to what she had said. But after being confronted with two willows packs meeting an unceremonious end, of this next statement she was certain: “It makes you capable of defending and keeping your lands,” the woman eyed Kigipigak approvingly. It was a quality that she found gentler comrades to lack.

Eleuthera nodded, agreeing to some anonymous thought in her own mind.
“Stability is what I seek,” Eleuthera stated, her gaze meeting his. “If you say your brothers can provide it, then I eagerly support their claim.” She still had to meet these brothers, but from Kigipigak’s description of their mercy, she already knew they would likely get along. Eleuthera took a step forward, anticipating what usually came next in the recruitment/acceptance process.

“My mother was a master midwife — I’m not formally trained in the arts, but she did pass down some knowledge to me.” She mentioned, without him having asked. “I am also an experienced scout, with a knowledge of these lands forged over many moons.” Backpedaling the same step she had just advanced, Eleuthera couldn’t help the self-aware smile that simmered upon her lips. “Perhaps you are not the one I must convince,” she jested.
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 12, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 19, 2020, 09:39 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 20, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 21, 2020, 08:35 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 21, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 21, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 22, 2020, 05:01 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 23, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 23, 2020, 11:33 PM