Moonspear I am like a satellite,
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
The mountain had gained too many new graves, lately.

In his most recent of days, Jarilo had stepped back from duty and grief and reached up, heading to the higher elevations of the Spear he knew he could still traverse in wintertime. Even some of those routes were unfavorable to an experienced mountaineer, so he kept himself adaptable as he ranged where he was able. There was one place in particular he had set out to find: an old, gnarled, out-of-place tree trunk perched oddly on an edge. And, a bit to his own surprise, he did manage to find it, albeit not without difficulty; he had not come since his parents had died. However, once over the initial satisfaction of finding it at all, and proof that he had not dreamed it entirely, he did not linger there long. He found he didn't need to.

The snows were awfully deep, and he already knew he was pushing it to have come at all... but silhouetted against the starry night sky, a bright moon illuminating the stone and snow, his resolve steeled despite the shiver cutting past his furs--raising an odd contradiction against the restlessness so much grief had made in him. But, by the time he got there, he already had everything he felt he needed to know. At least for the time being.

Now, after returning to the lowlands, windswept and more in his own head than he had been before, he moseyed down to the borderlands to reground himself. He would find Saviguk and Sialuk soon after, he thought, before he was distracted by the possibility of his sister's company first. Jarilo's ears pricked up, and he then went jogging after her to catch up, intending to join her side once there.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
I am like a satellite, - by Hydra - January 29, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: I am like a satellite, - by Jarilo - January 29, 2021, 02:09 PM
Hydra - by Hydra - February 05, 2021, 11:09 PM
RE: I am like a satellite, - by Jarilo - February 16, 2021, 11:35 PM