Ouroboros Spine x. darkness falling,
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
With a subtle shrug of her shoulders she let the pelts fall to the ground and he found his gaze caught on the skin of the wolverine in particular; such a rarity to see. He'd never seen a wolverine pelt- and had only glimpsed such a creature once or twice in the distance, and had been warned enough times to stay well away from them. Those creatures were tough, smart and wildly dangerous. Wolves with claws like a bear, he had been told- and a bear's jaw strength as well. Perhaps more stretched legend than fact, but he had never taken his chances with the creatures and one of his encounters had involved abandoning a kill of his, peacefully, when he caught sight of the dark creature lurking in the distance. He took the advice of his elders and hadn't taken his chances- he ate what he could and left the rest. 

So how she ended up with a such a thing was a surprise to him. He was pleased to see that she approved of his densite, but was mildly surprised when she confessed that the pelts were for him. He was silent for a moment, not understanding why she would have brought something for him without having negotiated a trade. "For me?" He asked, surprised. She explained how she'd come across the wolverine pelt, and her story made enough sense. He wouldn't have expected for her to have killed the thing- and it was an intense stroke of luck for her to have even found one that she could strip of its pelt. Such a thing was a coveted gift- and an honour to be offered. Still- he felt a bit out of place accepting such things. 

"I...I have nothing in return at the moment," He explained. The lynx pelt was still with Kukutux- so he wondered if perhaps she'd come with these to trade for that...Though it wasn't like her to come with pelts in hand, expecting him to offer her the lynx pelt, which was a treasure indeed. Part of him had in mind that he would use the lynx pelt as a part of his brideprice- and Kukutux had indeed mentioned to him that she felt he and Lote would make an excellent couple- but he had not passed the topic by her yet, and had wanted to see more confidence from her, before he made any assumptions about making an offer. "What could I give you, in return for these?"
Messages In This Thread
x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - April 11, 2021, 12:26 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - April 11, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - April 20, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - April 26, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - May 02, 2021, 08:21 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - May 04, 2021, 01:30 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - May 04, 2021, 05:18 PM