Ouroboros Spine x. darkness falling,
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It surprised him, but his heart began to pound softly in his chest as he awaited her response. She reminded him that they had discussed, much earlier in their friendship, a trade, wherein she might supply him with pelts, and that he might help her with finding colours for her paints. He had yet to fulfill his side of the bargain, and he felt a bit bad, knowing that he had fallen behind. He wasn't exactly sure what to look for- and as Spring had come around, he'd found no charcoal or trace of past wildfires to lend him a bit of dark colours. But he decided, then, that he would begin looking for other things that might brighten her palette. He owed her, now. 

And the wolverine pelt- while it had belonged to a creature which had been a corpse just long enough for a hint of staleness to yet cling to its fur- was truly something to behold. He imagined it in his ulaq then, alongside the lynx pelt and he thought of what that might look like, as a status symbol. No other wolf, he thought, would have both in their possession- that realization made him wonder if he was even worthy of such a thing. 

So kind and gentle was she of spirit, that she seemed content with their friendship as an exchange, and while he still wished to supply her with anything she needed for her art, it did touch him to know that she was happy here, and that he had had a part in making that happen. "I was, too," He admitted. Loneliness had been his only companion while he had travelled, but his life had changed a great deal since he'd come to Moonglow. She was one of the first wolves he'd met after joining the pack, and had made quite an impact on him. 

So when she mentioned the bride-price, his eyes widened a bit. As far as he knew, Kukutux had spoken with the painter, but she hadn't mentioned the fact that she'd informed her of her vision. This was a bit of a surprise to him- and it came as a shock that she also seemed more than willing to begin negotiating a bride-price, which meant that she likely felt in favour of their match. To be fair, her other options were Raimo- though the dark horse had seemingly begun to wander a bit more lately- and Zane, who was an amusing character but perhaps a bit immature. There were the Glen wolves as well- though he wasn't sure how close she was to Antares, yet. It seemed he had little in the way of opposition so it was likely in her best interest to secure a relationship with him. 

"I wondered if she had spoken to you of that," He said. It had seemed that what was spoken between the women was largely kept amid that circle- though the fair painter had seen fit to approach the subject with him now. He was silent for a moment. "Think of what you might ask of me. Then, when you ask it, I will do what I can to give you what you ask for." Given the fact that she was willing to entertain the thought of it, he felt it might be appropriate enough to voice his own interest in this match that Kukutux had made. He was still unsure what he should do when Kukutux asked him to give her a name in terms of a father for her own children- and he did not want to deny her children of her own- but this was something he thought he might be able to sort out another day. 

His betrothed seemed to have picked up on a sense of melancholy from their leader, which caused his lips to purse slightly. He'd noticed, of course- but had there ever been a time when she hadn't had some sadness in her eyes? She had lost so much in the spring of the year- he didn't begrudge her any for taking her time to recover. "I'd be glad to help...Though I'm not sure I have an idea what to suggest we find for her." he confessed.
Messages In This Thread
x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - April 11, 2021, 12:26 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - April 11, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - April 20, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - April 26, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - May 02, 2021, 08:21 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Adrastus - May 04, 2021, 01:30 PM
RE: x. darkness falling, - by Lótë - May 04, 2021, 05:18 PM