Dragoncrest Cliffs dope shells
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Her single ear splayed at the words of praise, then pricked again when Erzulie mentioned the new mother's name: Zephyr. Apparently she lived on the fringes, a fact which made Haunt cock her head curiously. Idly, she wondered why the leaders would share breeding rights with someone like that, though it wasn't her business nor really her concern. She let the thought drift away on the slightly chilly sea air.

Erzulie seemed curious about the curing process. "Did I?" Haunt quipped dryly. "Succeed?" She grinned softly. "I just pulled the skins off the bodies very carefully, then laid them out on some rocks in the caves. I checked on them daily, sometimes twice, and brushed off all the... junk." The yearling rolled a pale shoulder before finishing modestly, "I've never done this before."

Her tongue touched against her lip, happy that Erzulie seemed accepting of her efforts, even if they were rather amateur. Haunt knew one of the skins was a bit frayed and torn in places, since it hadn't wanted to separate neatly from the flesh. But the pelts were more or less whole, and quite soft to the touch, if a little stiff on the backside where she'd had to scrape away all the vessels, etc.

While she waited for Erzulie to speak again, the nippy breeze found its way into her exposed ear canal, causing her to jerk suddenly. She winced, maneuvering herself out of the wind. "The cold air sometimes hurts, especially if there's any kind of breeze," she explained to the Obsidian as she repositioned. "It feels like a fang sinking into my ear hole. Not very pleasant."
Messages In This Thread
dope shells - by Haunt - August 06, 2021, 09:19 AM
RE: dope shells - by Erzulie - August 06, 2021, 09:36 AM
RE: dope shells - by Haunt - August 06, 2021, 09:45 AM
RE: dope shells - by Erzulie - August 06, 2021, 10:22 AM
RE: dope shells - by Haunt - August 06, 2021, 12:44 PM
RE: dope shells - by Erzulie - August 08, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: dope shells - by Haunt - August 08, 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: dope shells - by Erzulie - August 08, 2021, 02:09 PM
RE: dope shells - by Haunt - August 08, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: dope shells - by Erzulie - August 09, 2021, 12:08 PM
RE: dope shells - by Haunt - August 09, 2021, 12:21 PM