Neverwinter Forest sinew
Loner
godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
742 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
whatever anger or betrayal or any other acidic feeling ingram had felt during her initial disappearance was gone — had been gone. in truth, it had been some sort of manifestation of self hatred, thinking that he had deserved her leaving; that the spirits of the commanders ( though he tried so very hard not to put stock into such beliefs ) had been punishing him for embracing fragheda and committing matricide.

it melts away as she rushes at him, greeting him with nips and purling. i missed you. ingram admits in a breathless murmur of confession; in the midst of her peppered violent affections. a moment of bare vulnerability, perhaps, but he means it and makes no move to take the words back even when she drew back.

for a wild moment; he thinks it was his confession, his heart beat thrumming erratically within its confines of flesh and bone. as if it were trying to break free of its prison of his chest. only to slow and calm at her words ...even if he did not entirely follow.

she mentions ursus and ingram is briefly caught off guard, surprise coloring his expression before sloppily pieces of puzzle are put together. she must know ursus because perhaps she is from ursus. or at least, knew of them. i will take you to ursus, ingram tells her; finding the irony in the fact that he'd chosen a pack that was tied to her in some way or another in the throes of his desperation and the archaic tug of instincts drawing him to find a pack during the coming months of hoarfrost and cold.

i recently joined with them. he admits, though surely their scent lingers upon his coat. he has not been gone for long nor far enough for much ( if any ) of it to fade. but his loyalty was to her and if he could help it, he would not be parted from her again. i will take you to ursus and then i will follow you... to where the land ends. though to him it is cryptic and makes little sense; but that did not matter.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
Messages In This Thread
sinew - by The Listener - November 14, 2021, 11:36 AM
RE: sinew - by Ingram - November 14, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: sinew - by The Listener - November 16, 2021, 05:13 PM
RE: sinew - by Ingram - November 17, 2021, 06:10 AM
RE: sinew - by The Listener - November 17, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: sinew - by Ingram - November 18, 2021, 05:48 AM
RE: sinew - by The Listener - November 18, 2021, 12:42 PM
RE: sinew - by Ingram - November 19, 2021, 05:47 AM
RE: sinew - by The Listener - November 20, 2021, 08:08 AM
RE: sinew - by Ingram - November 20, 2021, 02:16 PM