Bearclaw Valley eyeshine
84 Posts
Ooc —
His family ushered themselves to heed his call, arriving within moments of one another. The first was silver-eyed, carrying a prize with him that caught Æsilfír's gaze. Quail. Caught here in the valley? Likely. Noisy little birds that often travelled in groups, making little chuckling sounds as they scratched for food in dead leaves. An easy source of food- just the kind Ash liked to hunt. Maybe Aventus was as practical as she was. She licked her lips when he tossed the head, caught it and crunched it with his teeth. 

By the way the female followed so close on his heels she might have at first thought Arielle was a suitor for Aventus- until she caught how she fixed her gaze on Merrick's injured face. Æsilfír seemed to phase her very little- and her alpha's welfare seemed to be her first concern, though Ash thought she was making a mountain of a molehill. It was little more than a scratch.

Had Merrick brought her here to be tortured, she imagined the others might have looked upon her more hungrily. Both inmediately sought Merrick's explanation before even beginning to scour her. How interesting, she thought...And she liked it. She, too, found her gaze drawn to Merrick with a newfound admiration, so that all three of them warmed him with their attention. 

Perhaps his words were intended to reassure them that she wasn't a danger. She figured that they knew what Merrick's definition of 'play' was, and that it didn't likely concern them. She wondered if he mentioned the valley so that they'd know she wasn't trespassing. She blinked. She could infer, then, that trespassers were not forgiven easily. 

And then she was given space to speak for herself. She bobbed her head, as though to thank Merrick for the introduction, acknowledge that she respected her audience. "Æsilfír. Call me Ash if ye'd like. Reckon I could be useful t'ye. Dead handy at trackin', won't lose a scent easy. Ain't a scent I'll ever forget. Faster'n a hawk, can stan' me own in a spar, gave e'en this one a run fer 'is luck, though I thenk he went easy on me," She said, giving Merrick a coy side-eye. Had he wanted to kill her, he could have torn her apart. All he'd had to do was catch her- fortunately for her, he'd been interested in being entertained. She shrugged. She knew she wasn't entitled to their acceptance at all, simply because Merrick had agreed to introduce them. "S'yer call, really. H'enny questions?" She yielded the floor to her jury.
Messages In This Thread
eyeshine - by Merrick - January 02, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Æsilfír - January 02, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Aventus - January 02, 2022, 10:31 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Arielle - January 02, 2022, 11:01 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Merrick - January 03, 2022, 01:45 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Æsilfír - January 03, 2022, 03:58 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Aventus - January 03, 2022, 06:10 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Arielle - January 03, 2022, 11:42 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Merrick - January 04, 2022, 01:24 AM
RE: eyeshine - by Æsilfír - January 04, 2022, 01:20 PM
RE: eyeshine - by Aventus - January 04, 2022, 01:58 PM