Blackwater Islands Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Another time, then." Arashi would hold this close in memory, taking such as a challenge. It was one that he would be willing to accept — at the right time, of course.

"I need to practice on getting out from underneath a larger opponent."

A wise way to start, really. In any fight, there is both offense and defense to consider; both are equally important, but so is knowing which to place the ultimate focus. If one has only offense in mind, they may find themselves stuck when pinned inescapably. 

The hound took a few moments to consider a decent answer before replying. With any opponent, there are two components to consider. One being their weight in muscle; and two, their size. Though they may often work together, they should never be considered the same. A wolf can be extremely tall but have little to no muscle. Being so lithe at such a height can leave them susceptible to being easily knocked over, having little force to work with. When it comes to a wolf with more mass that can be used against you, you need to focus on what weaknesses they have that you could take advantage of to subdue them. Start by looking for prior injuries. If you happened to notice a limp before the fight began, you would want to target that area with either a strong bite or kick. If no injuries, then look for a faulty stance. Should your opponent be even the slightest bit caught off guard and not holding their weight equally, then a good push will send them sprawling. There's one more I can think of... like you'd done earlier, you can aim for vulnerable parts, should they be male; however, I gather most will be expecting that. Save that for if you find them off guard.

Much had been said, so Arashi would give the learner a moment or two to process and decide if whether he was confused or understood it all.

Messages In This Thread
Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Arashi - February 14, 2022, 07:57 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Alduin - February 14, 2022, 08:51 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Arashi - February 14, 2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Alduin - February 15, 2022, 12:45 AM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Arashi - February 15, 2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Alduin - February 16, 2022, 06:03 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Arashi - February 17, 2022, 09:13 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Alduin - February 19, 2022, 07:56 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Arashi - February 19, 2022, 10:34 PM
RE: Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face - by Alduin - February 22, 2022, 01:36 AM