Bearclaw Valley Somehow you strayed and lost your way
194 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There's plenty. I haven't seen much of it in the valley, maybe because of the season. Stryx answered.

There's a plant called cohosh, which looks like a... baby pine-cone, I guess? They grow like weeds where I'm from. The flowers are tiny white specks all clustered together. As she recounted this particular plant she got the faraway look again.

There's two varieties we could try and grow: the black and the blue. Mixed together, they can.. Relieve a pregnant woman of their litter. It was a grim thing to talk about for some women; Arielle didn't appear like the squeamish type. Stryx watched her carefully.

It is easy to use too much - especially of the blue cohosh. It can cause the mother to stroke out, their bodies to fail entirely, or lead to heart problems if used repeatedly. But when properly administered... Can be helpful.

There's also mugwort, which we might find in the spring. Small doses only, again, because these things are poisonous; sometimes touching the plant can irritate the skin, but that helps me to identify it. As Stryx said this she drew in a breath and held it, thinking, sighing it out.

She watched Arielle for any indication that she knew these plants, or that she might want Stryx to continue. There was a lot she could use but she didn't want to divulge too much, lest the wolves of Ursus decide they didn't need a midwife after all.
Messages In This Thread
Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - February 20, 2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - February 23, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - February 23, 2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - February 23, 2022, 06:56 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - February 23, 2022, 07:23 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - February 23, 2022, 07:28 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - February 23, 2022, 07:56 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - February 23, 2022, 08:03 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - February 23, 2022, 08:31 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - February 23, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - March 01, 2022, 05:37 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - March 01, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Arielle - March 01, 2022, 11:07 PM
RE: Somehow you strayed and lost your way - by Stryx - March 02, 2022, 12:05 PM