Duskfire Glacier Keep a bluebird in my heart
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Imaq's understanding of the common tongue was better than her attempts to speak it. She nodded as both Alphas spoke, having congregated amongst the rest of the Glacier's wolves to listen. Unlike her husband, Imaq was quite familiar with northron customs, villages, and language. The shift in leadership, the renaming of their village -- these fell on welcome ears.

Perhaps she hadn't had much chance to familiarize herself with Issorartuyok or his own unique culture but woman-who-hunts could not help but feel reassured. The move was logical, it was what her own family clan would have done in such an event. It reminded her of Kalaalit Nunaat to be following the Tartok wolves, to be a part of a village once more. 

She did not miss Rye's scowl, her brows furrowing in concern but chalked it up to anxiety as the woodlander settled in beside them. Their family unit would no doubt set the slowest pace amongst the stragglers. Even so, Seelie straightened her shoulders proudly as she grabbed her otter medicine skin in her jaws -- refusing to cower with shame. 

Sedna had spared her once more and no medicine woman ever walked alongside her tribe with a bowed head. 

The she-dog chucked her speckled head against Rye's shoulder in a playful bump, shooting him a wink as she set off determinedly -- Siku trotting along in spite of his limp with a similar grin of timorous bemusement. 

pping Siku, @Rye lmk if i need to edit anything!
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Lane - February 10, 2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Issorartuyok - February 12, 2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Tuuluuwaq - February 12, 2022, 08:56 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Calida - February 17, 2022, 12:45 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Ensio - February 19, 2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Taktuq - February 21, 2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Antha - February 21, 2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Heda - February 21, 2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Veteran - February 22, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Rye - February 23, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Wayfarer - February 28, 2022, 01:48 PM