Moonsong Glacier inutuaq
34 Posts
Ooc — Keg
·            ·

He felt a flutter of melancholy hearing she might stay with the Moonglow pack, only because he wasn’t sure he himself would be able to do the same. He hadn’t really thought of settling in any packs here in the Wilds, other than Easthollow. Even before returning he had felt as though he belonged there, but of course it wasn’t meant to be. Now, he wasn’t so sure he belonged anywhere.

The only thing he new for sure that he wanted was to reconcile with his littermates. They had scattered, and after his encounter with Kallik, Selamuit was feeling guilty. Even though his departure had not been his choice, his brother had made it seem like he had abandoned them.

His smile dropped a fraction, before slipping completely, distracted by his nagging thoughts. He opened his mouth to reply, but quickly closed it. His gaze drifted away from hers, drawn to the glacier. The snow once again reminding him of Aningan, the only home he had every really known. And the one place he could never find belonging.

It was a few minutes before Sela could think of an appropriate response. “Perhaps.” He answered vaguely turning his green eyes back on her, his smile returning, but more reserved. He cleared his throat, and looked away, embarrassed and ashamed. “I…” He cleared his voice again, “I found one of my brothers. We’d been separated for a long time.” His gaze fell to his paws.

“Before I find a home for myself, I have to find my other siblings too.” Selamuit explained softly, almost to himself. “I have to make sure they are okay.” His head lifted, searching for understanding.

Until reuniting with Kallik, he had thought all his siblings were together safe and sound. Now that he knows they are not, he could never live with himself if he didn’t at least try to make sure they were okay.

Messages In This Thread
inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 01, 2022, 09:12 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Keyni - March 01, 2022, 10:08 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 01, 2022, 10:26 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Keyni - March 05, 2022, 01:03 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 05, 2022, 02:47 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Keyni - March 05, 2022, 03:30 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 05, 2022, 04:35 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Keyni - March 05, 2022, 05:10 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 05, 2022, 07:20 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Keyni - March 05, 2022, 07:49 PM
RE: inutuaq - by Selamuit - March 05, 2022, 08:18 PM