Blacktail Deer Plateau lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë's lips quirked in amusement. "I have no great talent in it myself but I am a herd-stalker -- tuttuk-taliak -- for Moonglow. I watch them and plan when hunting would be most successful," she revealed. Her expression was one of encouragement. "It is something you can improve with time. Or you might find yourself better suited to observing and aiding hunters as I do." 

"Aya," the doe agreed softly. Coming to the Plateau for the blacktails was a feat that would prove difficult. But if her people could strike in the early morn while the herd broke their fast in the Flatlands, the grazers could prove a valuable resource. "They are much like us. They do not stay in one place. They roam just as we do and cover much territory in their hunt for grass." Another smile, full of humor to think that the deer hunted as they were hunted themselves. 

"My village has come to rely on the large game since the illness swept through the burrowing creatures in our region. That is what led me here -- I do not want to overhunt the elk herds that share our land. I fear they may relocate if we draw from their numbers too much."

"It is good to learn about different prey -- one never knows when a certain kind is no longer safe to hunt," she advised, not unkindly. With a jerk of her head in gesture, Lótë began to lead the way towards the heart of the Plateau. "We might watch them, if you wish. One can learn much from simply studying the herds and prey animals in their environment." 
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before - by Lótë - February 19, 2022, 11:51 AM
RE: lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before - by Lótë - April 08, 2022, 03:22 PM