Hideaway Strath sweet salvation on a dining room table
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A thin, almost annoyed scowl appeared upon his face.

"Loyalty is not won overnight." I'm well aware of that, Arashi snorted, tail flicking a few times. You needn't remind me as if I were an ignorant whelp. An eye roll followed, but then a change of tone arose.

Loyalty may take a lengthy time, but the decision to betray does not. I know this all too well. From my former home, traitors came often. They all thought they knew better and could do a finer job than the last who sat in their place. Tsuyo-sa wa jaku sayori mo yūsen sa remasu. Rīdā ni jūbun'na-sū ga nai baai wa, rīdā o sakujo suru hitsuyō ga arimasu: Strength comes above weakness. If a leader does not have enough, then they must be removed. Many think this way. They are greedy for power. His shoulders tensed a bit, fur rising with a sudden hatred of the memory.

This is why samurai are trained so harshly and taught to know only discipline. When Fury came along, it didn't take much time to learn that she behaved by every standard of a noble leader. There was great strength, power, and discipline; but there was also a sense of her that knew bounds. She wishes for a family and safety for them, not only for herself. And she'll do anything to get it. That is the reason I pledged my life and my service to her cause. I will do anything to keep her, her children, and The Saints safe from harm. I don't wish to be the reason for anyone leaving out of fear or disdain.. but someone has to make sure there is a firm paw planted and known by all, lest we die out like the last time 

Arashi left the next moments without a voice. He had been considering his own words. Perhaps he'd come on too strong and been too arrogant. But when possible outcomes are known and have been seen, they should be prevented from happening again by any means. 

Messages In This Thread
sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 21, 2022, 01:42 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 21, 2022, 05:21 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 22, 2022, 08:39 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 22, 2022, 02:41 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 23, 2022, 11:30 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 26, 2022, 08:04 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 05, 2022, 09:45 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 13, 2022, 04:28 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 16, 2022, 10:01 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 19, 2022, 06:00 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 22, 2022, 02:53 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 27, 2022, 10:31 AM