Hideaway Strath sweet salvation on a dining room table
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Arashi listened to her words attentively — perhaps far more so than he had the patience for.

Differed opinions. That's what she saw; whereas he?... Would her words have changed his mind? Slightly, but not enough to waver from what he knows and always has known.

Don't set too much blame on me for being crass and ruthless, but you must understand something... I come from a different background then yourself. You say we have differed opinions; and while it be true that we see things the opposite way, I couldn't exactly say my view is an opinion. Perhaps that is where my eager words were misplaced. I forget that wolves here in the wilds are different. We all are. Everyone comes from their own respective pasts and families. Had he really jumped upon threatening her too quickly? Arashi pondered this for a moment.

He didn't want it to seem an excuse, so a further explanation would serve better in his favor. I was taught to know that desertion by any means is betrayal. None of my clan were ever offered a choice of loyalty. You say you would wait to be impressed? There was nothing to be impressed by. He who proclaimed himself to hold the necessary power would hold the title, end of story. Any family name connected with the clan had no choice but to swear their fealty, or they would be hunted and slaughtered. We were retained against our will. You are right... Fury would not do this to anyone, and neither should I. Setting his hulky frame down against his rear, Arashi's snout declined, heavy eyes fixated upon his feet. 

Fury is the first wolf that gave me a freedom. I had a choice to swear myself to her, where I hadn't before. Now that I have done so, there is something in me-.. an urge to do all I can to make that oath worth both our while. Failing her would be equal to disappointing my family. And I've already done that once...

I can't do it again. 

Messages In This Thread
sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 21, 2022, 01:42 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 21, 2022, 05:21 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 22, 2022, 08:39 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 22, 2022, 02:41 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - March 23, 2022, 11:30 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - March 26, 2022, 08:04 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 05, 2022, 09:45 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 13, 2022, 04:28 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 16, 2022, 10:01 AM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 19, 2022, 06:00 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Sakari - April 22, 2022, 02:53 PM
RE: sweet salvation on a dining room table - by Arashi - April 27, 2022, 10:31 AM