Dawn treader
19 Posts
Ooc — Van
Family. A word she emphasized and one he had not heard in many moon cycles. His nameless siblings, and Mother, had been together for as long as they could, though most of them had been lost to tragedy. All except himself and his brother, whose whereabouts the wanderer was sure he would never know. He nodded once in understanding towards the fire-backed wolf, but he otherwise did not comment on the bond this pack held. The stray wolf knew he would be expected to not only serve, but to treat those in this pack like his own brothers, sisters, mother. His ears pressed forward as she continued.

"They mostly call me just that, as you have—Stranger, and I accept it." This was not common, he supposed. He had met many wolves before, each with their own calling, and most with a surname to accompany it. He had neither. Thinking to elaborate, he continued in a quietly rumbling fashion: "I have been called other things similar but never was I given a true name. Mother simply called me and my brothers son, or boy.. or you."

Blinking, he remembered she had also asked from where he hailed, and he breathed deeply, throat thick from misuse. He had not spoken this much since parting with his brother. "I would not be able to find the origin of my birth, but it was a mountain." He remembered its name, but did not care yet to tell, but he had been honest about not knowing where to find it. He had traveled many directions and many circles since leaving there—a compass rose would have even been confused by his travels.

"I am conditioned for such terrain, and stronger anywhere else. I would do nicely.. serving a family as such," he dared to venture, wondering if she would give the nameless stone a chance, or turn him away as he was used to. Neither option would bother him in the least.
Messages In This Thread
Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 02, 2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by Tuwawi RIP - October 02, 2014, 02:51 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 02, 2014, 03:33 PM
RE: Dawn treader - by Tuwawi RIP - October 04, 2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 04, 2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Dawn treader - by Tuwawi RIP - October 06, 2014, 01:02 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 06, 2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by Tuwawi RIP - October 06, 2014, 03:11 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 06, 2014, 07:44 AM
RE: Dawn treader - by Tuwawi RIP - October 06, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Dawn treader - by The Stranger - October 06, 2014, 05:44 PM