Two Rivers Isle [M]What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich sat as he listened to her. As she spoke, she brushed against more trees, and he supposed he should be doing the same, continuing to mark their claim, but he could not bring himself to move or distract from her words. He merely sat and paid attention, ears pushed forward, eyes on her face. And as she spoke, he felt some well-kept secret part of himself begin to thaw, some part of his heart unknown even to himself before now. Was this soft, melting, warm feeling love? And was it romantic love, as she felt for him? Gods, he hoped so, or all this would go terribly wrong.

At her last words, about being attracted to him from her first season, he bowed his head with a smile, bashful. Clearing his throat, he said, No one has ever... cared about me before. No one has ever cared whether I lived or died. I was only a soldier and nothing more. Replaceable. A nameless, faceless wolf with a job to do. Being... beloved is... strange to me. Forgive me if it takes time to get used to your words of endearment.

It was then that it hit him that Adylaide, who was now three years old, would have another season soon. Another heat. As he continued to stare at his paws, the smile fell from his maw. What would he do then, if he did not yet know if he loved her? Back home, females going through their heat would be cloistered and secluded until they came out of it, if they did not wish to have children. Out here, alone, what would they do? She could not go wandering off by herself, and he could not leave her. But how would they get through such a... tempting situation unscathed? The thought terrified him.

He forced the smile back onto his face. I thank you for telling me all that, he said. I hope... I hope one day to pour my heart out to you as you have done for me. Awkwardly, he stood and began to rub against a nearby tree, hoping to avoid an uncomfortable conversation.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way - by Ulrich - December 31, 2022, 09:15 PM