Horizon Ridge JOIN · The soul felt its worth
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
It's totes cool. :3

Akhlut seemed a little taken aback by the situation and questioned her. Pied lowered herself even more, sensing his disapproval. She hadn't anticipated it, yet she knew he was well within his rights to probe for more details. It became evident that Kisu hadn't mentioned any of this to the Alpha male, which now seemed problematic. I should've asked Kisu to give him the heads up, Pied thought to herself.

"Definitely not happily, no, but Hawkeye places great value on love. I made sure to receive her blessing before doing anything else," Pied said, feeling her skin prickle at the scorn in his voice. She swallowed. "I would consider us mates but I was waiting until we were in the same pack to assume the official title," she said quietly, ears flattening.

Akhlut's interrogation brought to the surface some niggling doubts. Had she acted too hastily? It had all happened rather fast, Pied had to admit. Yet when she thought of Kisu, her heart bubbled with warmth even in the face of Akhlut's criticisms. They were new to each other but would spend the rest of their lives getting to know one another. There were also instinctual impulses at play; they each wanted children and the breeding season drew near...

His next comment made the fur on her rump bristle indignantly, yet she managed to flatten it before it could raise the Alpha's ire. She simply didn't like what he had to say about Hawkeye. She wanted to tell him so without disrespecting him and wounding her chance at gaining entry. After all, if Akhlut turned her away, Pied didn't have any sort of backup plan at the ready. She supposed she'd go back to the plateau but what about Kisu?

"Hawkeye is my sister and the wolves of the plateau have shown great loyalty and strength. Did you know we were a pack called Bon Dye, living in Blackfoot Forest, when our Alpha vanished into thin air? We rallied under Hawkeye's leadership and moved to the plateau only a month ago. You have a strong ally in them," she promised him firmly, nodding her head as if to punctuate this statement. She didn't mention Jinx by name—yet. Perhaps, by now, Akhlut had his suspicions.

She paused for a beat, then added, "I do have to admit that all the turmoil I've experienced since arriving here in the wilds may have prevented me from forming deep attachments, as I was only in either pack for a month. With that said, I'm more than ready to settle down somewhere for good, for the rest of my life. Kisu drew me here, yes, but I also came because I love the sea and leapt at the opportunity to live near it again, as I did in my childhood. I came because I'd met you and knew, even from our brief meeting, that you were a good and personable leader."

Pied stopped for a few breaths, then continued, "And I'm sure that's why you're second-guessing me, which I understand. I am happy to hold your lowest rank until I can prove my loyalty and worth. I will swear myself to your pack with as my passion as I feel for Kisu." And although it felt a little false, Pied nevertheless meant it as she finished by saying, "I will pledge myself to you and the pack first and Kisu second." Her would-be mate would want it that way.
Messages In This Thread
JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Pied - December 19, 2013, 01:31 PM
RE: The soul felt its worth (ATTN: Kisu & Akhlut) - by Pied - December 20, 2013, 09:58 AM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Akhlut - December 23, 2013, 08:31 PM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Pied - December 23, 2013, 09:33 PM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Akhlut - December 23, 2013, 10:43 PM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Pied - December 23, 2013, 10:57 PM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Akhlut - January 10, 2014, 08:45 PM
RE: JOIN · The soul felt its worth - by Pied - January 10, 2014, 10:02 PM