peace will win and fear will lose
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Though Hawkeye's explanation was as riddled with ambiguity as most of Jinx's, the Kesuk snorted derision nonetheless. Hawkeye, it seemed, was determined to be taught, but why then did Sos not teach her? Nobody had taught Jinx how to worship her gods. Nobody had taught Koios Iqniq, or Lecter the Seawitch, or Nanuq Kesuk, or the Oracle Nutaaq Kesuk. Service and worship of Sos and Atka were not concepts to be taught. They were ingrained in the wolves that sincerely followed the gods, they were ancient knowledge, for Atka had brought life to all things and Sos had equipped them witht ee to rip apart their prey, strong lungs and legs to traverse great distances, and a world of spirits for them to achieve when they passed on. He had given them bloody frenzy and courage to battle their enemies away.

And the gods had given their children the wits and means to worship them. It was not something she needed to teach a true wolf of Sos. What Jinx could teach were the qualities of the gods, the appropriate items of the different moons, and the magick and voodooo her, her father, and her shaman had practiced, but she could not teach Hawkeye how to please Sos.

Still, she drew herself up to her full height, lifting her lip in a warning to Hawkeye to watch her tone. You are too near my pack, wench, you will show respect, or I will allow my Alpha to know of your insolence. "I am Jinx Kesuk, second-born daughter of Nanuq Kesuk and Koios Iqniq. My father was the first to bring his voodoo to my home and teach of the loa that serve the gods and protect. My grandfather, Nutaaq Kesuk, is Oracle to the bear gods, and his family has served them dutifully for generations. My mother was the gods' chosen Warchief of Shearwater Bay, my birth pack, and my sister and I the chosen successors to her throne, she by Atka and I by Sos. My brother Arktos was kissed by the gods' frenzy and wanders, sharing knowledge of them where he goes. My brother Vex was given the gift of spirit-sight. My sister is the strongest warrior the pack has known, and I am one of the strongest Mambos known." Aside from Koios Iqniq, that is, the first Houngan and the most powerful.

"I was born beneath the loa, who summoned a storm to herald our coming to the world. My mother marched in war from the moment of our birth and won by the gods' favour. From my first comprehensive moments I have been educated of the gods, groomed by Sos to be his Mambo in my pack, and mentored by Lecter, my shaman and my mother's shaman before me, in voodoo and magic and poison." Jinx's reasons for sharing this information might have seemed foggy at first, but when her gaze narrowed into slits focused dangerously on Hawkeye, it was clear she was giving her credentials... And all the reasons she could not believe the dark-furred Alpha's claims.

"You, Hawkeye, are a wolf who came upon my pack and lent your voice to mine. You chose to serve Ogoun, first of Sos, the loa of fire. When I left for spiritual reasons, you assumed I abandoned you, sparing no thought for my reasons. If Sos chose you then you would have understood." A shrug lifted the thick fur upon her ruff before she continued. "You were one of my most respected followers but you assumed I abandoned you, and mocked my god and my beliefs. Your subordinate, Pied, spat venom at me and made it very clear what my former pack's opinion was. You turned your back on my god, and now you expect me to accept that he chose you, with no proof but your words?"

Her stance backed down a little, now, but she maintained authority. Hawkeye would not stand tall and proud so near Horizon Ridge, alliance or not. "No, Hawkeye," she finished, "however mighty and special you fancy yourself in his eyes, you forget yourself. You will not convince me that you suddenly believe with all your heart you are one of his chosen wolves without proof, not since you denounced him and flung your disrespectful opinions in my face."
Messages In This Thread
peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 22, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 24, 2013, 02:45 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 11:54 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 01:25 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 03:51 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 04:51 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 05:14 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 05:23 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - January 02, 2014, 06:22 PM