Redhawk Caldera sexy jazz music
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Wolf History 101. :P

"Ah," Fox replied, pausing to consider. The truth was not far from what the Sunspire wolf spoke of, but Fox had her reasons for doing what she had done. But to explain that, she would need to start from the beginning. It would do her well to include the history of events that had happened in the creek.

"I was there at the birth of Swiftcurrent Creek," Fox recalled, "A short while after I arrived, the Alpha threw herself into the river and committed suicide. I did not know her well, and I do not know why she would ever do such a thing." Fox suspected Lethe had not been right in the head for one reason or another. "Leadership fell into my lap, so to speak, and nobody opposed my decision to take over." Apathy was probably the best way to describe how Fox had come to be the Alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek. "During that time, we had a cougar encroach upon our lands, which we defeated, though not without losses. We also defended the creek against a band of coyotes." Both of these had been threats that Fox and her comrades had dealt with swiftly.

"Somewhere before all that, a young wolf named Bones had joined us. I have always been uneasy about taking in younger wolves, but she proved herself to be an asset time and time again. Her mother, a wench from Tortuga, came with a few of her cronies to take her back, even though Bones did not wish to go. We killed those we had to in attempt to rescue the lass, but her mother stole her away in the end." Fox said this with a frown. It still haunted her as her one true loss of all the battles she had fought. "I could not send anybody after her, as much as I wished to."

"Some time after that, Jace came to me to tell me of some problem he had. I listened, although I thought it was bunk. Ferdie, a wolf I'm sure you're familiar with, had also joined us at some point, and he spent much of his time with Jace. Ferdie was always a queer wolf, behaving oddly at the most inappropriate times. I should have chased him off long before I did." It was a mistake on her part; she realized that now. "Ferdie attacked a young wolf, Nightingale, and I was not there to stop it. Jace was also involved somehow, and he defended Ferdie when I confronted them. Worried for the safety of the pack, I ordered Jace to finish the job and kill Ferdie. He disobeyed, and so I chased both of them off. I could not have such menaces living in close quarters, especially when we had an expecting mother." But that was only half of the saga.

"Ferdie and Jace stupidly decided to make their home close to the creek. Far too close for my comfort. They are monsters, even if they will tell you lies to make them believe otherwise. We went peacefully at first, giving them ample time to relocate somewhere else, but they would not abide. So I went back again and again, trying to make my point clear. But they did not listen. During one of these expeditions, they captured two of my comrades, one of whom was only a child." Magpie was back with her now, safe and sound, but there had been many months when Fox had thought that she was dead... or worse. "I managed to escape, but tragedy struck the next morning, and I was... not myself for several days, leaving the pack without warning. It was not something I ever intended to do, especially at the worst time possible, but life has never been terrible predictable for me. When I returned, my Beta challenged me, saying I had no right to be there. She won, and I went to the plateau to be with Peregrine."

"He elevated me to the position of Beta immediately, which caused a stir. Shortly after, the Alpha female stepped down to care for her own betrothed, and I took up her spot. It was natural, as the mate of the Alpha male, although few wolves seemed to understand this. I gave the plateau a fair shot, but in the end, I knew it could never be my home. Few of the wolves accepted me, and I told Peregrine of this. We scouted for land, and after injuring myself here, it was decided that we would stay." Fox fell silent, wondering what this stranger thought of her tale.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
sexy jazz music - by RIP Fox - October 20, 2014, 05:19 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by Vienna IA - October 20, 2014, 06:09 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by RIP Fox - October 20, 2014, 07:26 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by Vienna IA - October 20, 2014, 08:01 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by RIP Fox - October 20, 2014, 08:30 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by Vienna IA - October 20, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by RIP Fox - October 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
RE: sexy jazz music - by Vienna IA - October 21, 2014, 01:38 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by RIP Fox - October 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: sexy jazz music - by Vienna IA - October 21, 2014, 09:38 PM