Fairspell Meadow See and Wait
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
((Aaahahah I love Pancakes so much))

Love as a sickness? Louis might have disagreed before - it was the cure, surely! But unrequited, or at least unanswered... maybe she's right. He'd felt horribly sick hearing @Tauris choose someone else to his exclusion, and some of her words still echo in his mind now and then, days later. Something has taken root, a fear he is somehow... not right. Not enough.

He's never felt this way before. 

But even if it is a sickness, he has no inclination to ignore it. He wants love, still. Someone - or someones - to hold and be warm beside at night. To laugh with. To go on adventures.

It might not be Tauris, but she's shown him a glimpse of what certainty might mean. Made it important in a way it never had been before. A dalliance might be fun, but that isn't the same as caring for someone enough to devote to them. To be certain of their own devotion. Like her and Figment. Like Louis' parents.

He's a rover, but he was born to a family that loved him, and he craves love, still. He's not really built for being alone.

He sighs, shrugging his shoulders, "You're right." The little butterfly is wiser than him, he thinks, because she already knew this. She can even put it into song. Not that it helps him get over Tauris. Or know what to seek next. But at least he feels a little less isolated in his heartbreak.

Then a blink, and he smiles weakly, "Have you been in love before? Where'd you learn this...?" Louis trails off, realizing, "Here I am spilling my heart to you, and I don't even know your name. I'm Louis."
Messages In This Thread
See and Wait - by Louis - June 25, 2023, 10:52 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Pancakes - June 30, 2023, 08:58 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Louis - July 03, 2023, 01:28 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Pancakes - July 03, 2023, 11:42 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Louis - July 04, 2023, 02:43 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Pancakes - July 08, 2023, 11:40 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Louis - July 10, 2023, 08:30 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Pancakes - July 21, 2023, 11:26 PM
RE: See and Wait - by Louis - July 30, 2023, 07:56 PM