Ocean's Breath Plateau Buried alive inside my dreams, but it was all a fake-out
134 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Marina was quiet for a heartbeat; Moontide, his home, as it was hers. But unlike her, Chakliux did not intend to stay forever. In this moment it felt like yet another barrier between them. She could not leave. How could she? Samani and Rodyn had taken her in when she had nothing, given her a place of safety to bear and to raise her children. Rodyn and Heph had been at her side while she suffered through childbirth.

This was her home, and all that she had become was owed to it.

Duty tied her here, even if it meant watching the one true want of her heart leave without her.

I don't know, She said after a moment, forlorn as she echoed Chakliux's sentiment, wistful as she went on; But he'll need support either way. I've been thinking - when he brings his sons to Moontide, I'll offer my own support. Not as a wife, but as a mother. I'd thought... that I might have a husband of my own by now; Rodyn brought word of my desire to Moonwoman. I hear she's quite the matchmaker. But I've heard nothing back.

So... if nothing else, I should help Rodyn. Moontide took me in when I had nothing, But she could not meet Chakliux's eyes as she said it. She found herself looking away, studying a passing bird in flight, eyes following it until it was out of sight and then lingering in the place where it had disappeared.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Buried alive inside my dreams, but it was all a fake-out - by Marina - October 22, 2023, 04:42 PM