Hushed Willows Kindle the fire before it snuffs out
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

"Deal!" Tuft said. As Reina dashed off, she tickled Tufts nose, making him sneeze. "Hey! No cheating!" Tuft yelled, grinning ear to furry ear. This was a classic game for him when he was just a pup. It felt so good to have genuine fun with someone else for once, and not have to worry about who or what was going to kill him.  
Since this wasn't Tuft's first rodeo, he felt confident that he would win. In his time in solitude, Tuft practiced running for long periods of time almost everyday. This resulted in him having very lean but very strong leg and thigh muscles built for speed. As both Reina and Tuft drifting the first corner of the lake, Tuft was thoroughly impressed with Reina's speed and agility. "How is she able to keep up with me?" Tuft questioned himself. A piece of driftwood was coming up and Tuft watched with amazement as Reina effortlessly jumped straight over as elegantly as a jackrabbit, and landed without a hitch. 
Tuft and Reina were neck and neck. "Ok, here's my chance." Tuna thought suddenly concerned. He looked at Reina and saw that she hadn't slowed down even a little bit. "I gotta push myself now, or I won't be able to win!" With a last bit of energy left in him, he gave it his all and was starting to even pull ahead of her.
Nearing the last stretch in the race, Tuft was starting to tire out. "Go! Go! Go!" Tuft yelled at himself. Reina just inched by Tuft when he felt his foot snag on a twig and went flying right into Reina. In a tumble of fur and sand, both Reina and Tuft skidded to a stop, with Reina a couple inches ahead of Tuft, making her the winner.
Laughing like a crazed hyena, Tuft, in an exasperated breath said "Dang it! I was just a whisker away from beating you! Where did you learn how to run that fast?" Tuft was honestly surprised that he was laughing this hard. He hadn't had a good laugh like this in years!

Messages In This Thread
Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 19, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 19, 2024, 03:35 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 20, 2024, 08:07 AM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 20, 2024, 03:32 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 20, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 21, 2024, 12:27 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 22, 2024, 07:55 AM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 22, 2024, 12:11 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 22, 2024, 02:05 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 23, 2024, 12:45 AM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 23, 2024, 11:30 AM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 23, 2024, 04:17 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 23, 2024, 10:19 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 24, 2024, 05:58 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 25, 2024, 01:59 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Tuft - January 25, 2024, 07:11 PM
RE: Kindle the fire before it snuffs out - by Reina - January 25, 2024, 07:26 PM