Hushed Willows Even if it makes me blind, I just wanna see the light
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
171 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The only place she hadn’t explored was the Marsh, the outer perimeter of Hearthwood, and of course, she didn’t for a reason. It felt like an impossible task, to expose herself to the outer world beyond her pack lands. The furthest she travelled was the start of the Meadow; from what she could see, it was a gorgeous area—well, at the very least it will be come the warmer months. 

And, it was there that she ventured to the more northern part of the area where she saw a glimpse of her Coach, swollen belly dug down into the snow, the glow of motherhood radiating her already ethereal aura. The red wolf had missed seeing her since their kerfuffle of a “talk”. A burning and bleeding heart had kept her up in the night, her mind replaying their conversation, each pass having a different ending. If she had been able to see past her shame, she could have seen Reverie’s words for what they were: a warning, not entirely aggressive, but protective for not only Everett, but for her as well.

Heat can put females into blinders, only seeing what it wants them to see; procreating and furthering the canid species. Anyone could see that the timing was awful and wholly wrong, Reina knew better than anyone that she was being a bit erratic. Though she has only just come into her adult age, some may consider her still to be naive, especially in the ways of womanhood. 

It very well could be that combined with the trauma. Only time will tell and for Reina to be ever vigilant until this all blows over. Yet, she still struggled to get the men out of her head. Damn her genetic makeup! Though, there was always the female option, one that she has thought about many times before, had dallied in short stints when she was younger. But, alas, they do not help procure a family born from her own making. 

Speaking of, she had noticed the way Reverie had turned to her belly in curiosity or astonishment—maybe, both—and, though it caused little pangs of jealousy that beat along with her heart, she couldn’t help the smile that reached her eyes. There was a time where Reina was worried for her golden friend, but not now, not when she could see the radiance of motherhood finally agreeing with her friend.

It was time to break the ice, or rather, to douse the fire that had threatened the tie between herself and Reverie. Her voice was soft, apologetic, but without waver. “Hey, is this where angels come to rest? Because I seemed to have found one, resting her wings. Any chance this angel might accept my company?”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Even if it makes me blind, I just wanna see the light - by Reina - February 13, 2024, 07:44 PM