Hushed Willows sávvato
Hushed Willows
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina had known that once she had mentioned her family in her musings, there was the possibility of having to talk about them. How much could—or, rather, should—she share? The man before her was certainly easy to talk to, non-judgmental in his responses to what they’ve discussed thus far. At least, not outwardly.

Yet, why does her heart feel shame to speak of them? Was it because she had been too late to save them, or, was it because she had not been strong enough to stop Ruin? Just like she hadn’t been strong enough to stop Greysin from attacking her. At least he was gone for good, but she couldn’t say the same for Ruin.

“I did love them, still do, of course, and I always will. Unfortunately, my family, my whole pack, are…well, they’ve all passed on.” A pause. A deep breath. “A rival pack leader had set off an avalanche while my family slept. I was…I had been kidnapped and tortured, held captive for how long I do not know, but I had managed to escape. I was too late…to save them. My parents, my younger siblings. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, friends—gone.”

She looked away, eyes closed, not allowing her well of tears to empty. Her breaths were deep and slow, an attempt to calm her raging, bleeding heart from breaking. Oh, how she missed them all. But, what’s in the past can only stay there; all she can do now is make new memories with their spirits to guide her.

Someday she will see them, again, and that brought her comfort.

She turned back to the male, a soft smile playing on her lips as she continued. “After about a year of traveling south, I was found by your sister. She has been and will forever be my guardian angel. I would be lost without her, without Hearthwood.” She did not mention, however, that she still felt alone in this world, despite being surrounded by her new pack. There was a void so deep that she, alone, could not fill it. 

Everett had hummed a melody, softly, but she heard it, nonetheless. He had mentioned prayers, a term that was not entirely foreign to her, but one she did not practice. Though, it sounded similar to her own way of song making. Maybe she was also praying.

His sudden shyness had caught Reina off guard and she couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her. He was handsome, for sure, but she also found him endearing and intriguing. “Only if you wish to share.” 

Her smile deepened, then, her heart skipping beats in anticipation. There was no expectation to how well he sang, if he chose to, though she couldn’t help but daydream slightly, hearing echoes of his voice as he sang for her. Only ever for her. 

She snorted a sudden laugh at how ridiculous her brain worked and immediately blushed. “I’m sorry, my mind sometimes drifts. Please, forgive me, I was not laughing at you.” 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:51 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 06:53 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 11:42 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 10, 2024, 01:08 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 11, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 12, 2024, 01:21 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 19, 2024, 12:01 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 08:13 PM