Hushed Willows sávvato
Hushed Willows
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Very minimal PP entering the lake area—let me know if it needs changing!

Her cheeks warmed with a blush as she guided him to the lake. This man, familiar yet unknown, was unlike anyone she had ever encountered. Apart from Tuft, who possessed his own unique qualities, Everett was kind, tender, and gentle. It was evident in his demeanor and the soft steadiness of his voice. And, what a voice he had.

In contrast, the men from her past, with the exception of her father, were domineering, harsh, and savage, believing everything was theirs to claim. She tried to shut their memories out, to ignore the fear and anxiety they brought, but they always seemed to find her, in the dark recesses of her mind. Her sleep, the little she would get, was always restless, their eyes haunting her from the shadows.

But here, in Everett’s presence, she felt protected, sheltered. His aura a shield, the shadows cannot touch her. She walked, quietly listening, the song like a blanket, a soft touch of calm enveloping her. The words were hopeful, enlightening, captivating, and left her wanting a far away kingdom.

She had allowed his song in full, the ending aligning with the beginnings of the Lake. Pulling away the guard of branches, she gestured for him to continue ahead, hoping to shield her face from the man. The song touched her, it spoke to her own dreams. Dreams that were only just ever so slightly just out of reach.

She gathered herself, again, before she spoke. “Your song was beautiful, Everett. I have never head it before. Thank you, I am…glad that you shared it with me.” What was unsaid, however, was how glad she was that he had come, that he had joined her. This lake was special, much like the lake in the Cavern. The Keep reminded her of the one she would visit with her own family.

The lake shimmered in the sun, birds seeming to swim below its surface as they flew above. A breeze skirted through the trees, swaying their branches as if welcoming the two wolves, waving them to the edge of the Lake. Small prey animals were out and about to feel the warmth of the sun, melting away the frigid cold of winter. Spring was still weeks away, but this day was a sign of the coming change of season.

Softly, Reina welcomed Everett to Fishermen’s Keep. “Welcome to the beauty of Hearthwood.”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:51 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 06:53 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 11:42 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 10, 2024, 01:08 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 11, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 12, 2024, 01:21 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 19, 2024, 12:01 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 08:13 PM