Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She was cautious in her approach, given that their history was rocky at best. The hatred between Pied and Jinx was probably mostly one-sided, for Jinx had almost forgotten the piebald merle wolf's offence against her, and had scarcely known her in Bon Dye anyway. Comments were only hurtful so long as they were dwelled on, and Jinx had greater concerns than that. She tailed after the pale female in silence, not necessarily to hide herself, but because stalking others was something she had always done; there was a sort of thrill in being beyond another's awareness.

Pied led her across the river, pausing for a drink that made Jinx linger in the deep shadows at the very edge of the dune, and then down onto a flatter expanse. She remembered it vaguely from when she had found a young, sick female sea lion, and had taken its head for her shrine to Sos. The sea lions had been less active then, but now they snorted and cried amongst one another, seemingly entrancing the Omicron who had stopped short of their beach.

Jinx crept up behind her, uncaring whether she was heard or not, and said in an ominous and quiet tone, "they can kill you." Sea lions, like their terrestrial counterparts, were lazy and disinterested in expending any great deal of effort on anything, but she knew that if one got it into their head to maul a wolf, they would do so with all the ferocity of a great cat. They were silly looking, yes, and she assumed that was why Pied had stopped to watch them... But although there was bad blood between them, she wasn't about to allow a pack wolf, regardless who it was, to be injured by a silly looking sea lion on her watch.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Jinx - January 06, 2014, 04:45 PM