Ocean's Breath Plateau 'Cause I could be in love if I really tried
Moontide
Healer
134 Posts
Ooc — xynien
And there he was, just like that. Marina looked up with a little gasp, scarcely registering his presence before he caught her in his arms. She found a smile for him at that, in spite of her exhaustion, in spite of everything.

Chakliux, She murmured, for a moment wanting to forget how sick she felt. She tucked her face against his shoulder, breathing in the scent of him. He was home. It's beautiful. Thank you. I missed you.

But of course he noticed that not all was well. Guilt surged in her; she didn't want to ruin this moment. But she couldn't deny that she felt weak and her thoughts were muddled, and neither did she want her husband to see her this way. He'd wanted her because of her strength, had he not? Because she was capable, because he knew that she could raise their children.

Except she'd lost her children. Her oldest children.

Was she truly capable of anything at all?

I've been feeling a bit - a bit sick. I'll be okay after I talk to... Marina struggled to recall her name. Kukutux. And I will. But first, I want to kiss my husband. She held his gaze for a moment to be sure that his worry was soothed. The midwife would have answers for her later. Marina was determined to give Chakliux this moment of reunion. He deserved that. He deserved the wife he'd thought he would get. Not this.
Messages In This Thread
'Cause I could be in love if I really tried - by Marina - March 12, 2024, 09:25 AM
RE: 'Cause I could be in love if I really tried - by Marina - April 06, 2024, 02:16 PM