Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
Jinx called them sea lions, though she opined that they should be called sea wolves instead. Pied bobbed her head, as if to say, Ah. She'd heard of these creatures while living in Flightless Falcons. She couldn't remember who had told her about them or why, yet she remembered a few key details, such as the fact that these vicious—according to Jinx, in any case—creatures were primarily made up of fat. They certainly looked the part, what with their ungainly, tubular bodies that wobbled to and fro along the strand of beach.

Another silence stretched between them as Pied contented herself simply watching the sea lions cruising hither and thither, her ears twitching nonstop at their ceaseless yammering. At length, she grew tired of the spectacle and began to turn, abruptly remembering that she wasn't alone. She faced Jinx fully now, though the other she-wolf was still watching the sea lions, putting them at a perpendicular angle. The Omicron paused momentarily, not wanting to say anything in parting but thinking it would be rude to simply walk away without a word.

Walking away as if Jinx simply didn't exist might not go over well period, Pied decided. Although she felt like she was pulling her own teeth, she mused aloud, "Hawkeye mentioned that the two of you get together to talk about religion. You know, I don't consider myself religious anymore but I had a dream of Atka once. She showed me my daughter, the one I'll have someday, and told me what to name her. Kisu and I are together and hoping to have a litter soon. I still intend to name my daughter after Atka's wish." She didn't know why she shared it, yet after falling silent and reflecting on it, she didn't feel like it was particularly vulnerable information, just a halfhearted attempt at finding common ground.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Pied - January 06, 2014, 08:20 PM