Ocean's Breath Plateau 'Cause I could be in love if I really tried
Moontide
Healer
134 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Yes, it was good to steal this moment, for herself as much as her husband. Marina closed her eyes and lost herself in his warmth, his gentle reminder that she would never be alone in this. That here she was surrounded by love always returning, love waiting back at the lodge, love sparking into new lives within her. Here she was safe.

But the demands of her body wouldn't wait forever. Marina was quietly grateful for the initiative her husband took. In motherhood she'd found strength, and perhaps it was true that this was what had drawn Chakliux to her, but she was reminded now that he had always sought to ease her burdens. And so in marriage she would now find peace. Her racing heart, set aflutter by her husband's touch and the love in his eyes, steadied to a softer cadence. She let him lead her from the water.

Vulnerability still didn't come so easily to her, but after a moment she let out a breath and answered him. Dizzy, She confessed, her steps slow and careful as she followed him from the water. Stiff. Exhausted. I hope this isn't what being old feels like.

The humor faded from her voice as she went on, though her tone remained light. I wish I could have been with you, A soft, longing glow lit her expression with the words. She knew that there was no place for her in the journey Chakliux had undertaken. She would never have asked. It was only that weeks of confinement to Moontide had left her own sense of adventure calling desperately for nourishment. We should do that sometime. A trip, together.

But how was it? How is Raiyuk? Matteo? Marina cast an eager glance at him then, curiosity sparkling in her eyes. She'd missed them all; the lodge had felt empty without them. She touched her nose to his cheek. And how are you?
Messages In This Thread
'Cause I could be in love if I really tried - by Marina - March 12, 2024, 09:25 AM
RE: 'Cause I could be in love if I really tried - by Marina - April 11, 2024, 12:55 AM