Heron Lake Plateau What a wonderful world
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
One day, she had believed that the Heavens were real; her family and their pack were housed in dens made for kings and wanted for nothing. She also believed that angels were among her here on Earth.

And, then, just like that—there was no Heaven. Not above, or here on Earth. No angels. 

Except…

Through soft sobs, her ears twitched as angels began to sing. It was quiet at first; only a vague, glimmering twinkle just barely audible—muffled, even. The sound was bright, slightly tinny, but wholesome and beautiful. It soon crescendoed into a quiet laughter. 

Her head whipped up, confusion written in every line. Laughter? Laughter!

She turned to find Tybault, still lying prone and eyes closed, but alert for the first time since he came for her. And, he had spoke to her! But, it caught her so off guard, she had not caught his words spoken before his laughter, and so she could only just stare in surprise and a give a sudden laugh his words finally caught up to her. 

And, if she were honest with herself, in selfish relief, as well; she was no longer going to be alone. Did she find comfort in his response because that meant he was healing well, sure, but she couldn’t help but feel the heavy blanket of loneliness ease drift from her shoulders the more alert Tybault would become.

“Tybault!” Remembering that she had been essentially lying on top of him at the peak of her emotional display, she gingerly lifted herself from him, but finding the cold air that replaced their contact leaving her missing the warmth of him. A blush creeped in, quickly erased by a quick shake of her head and a small forced cough, clearing her throat as if her song had dried it out.

His tail? That was what he was most worried about? 

She huffed another small laugh  before she gave him the rundown on his injuries. “I don’t believe I could find one charged enough to dull the pain you must feel right now, although the p-poppy seeds should be helping with that. Your tail is still where it’s meant to be, though the tip had bent somehow. I am not sure if it will heal straight or if there’s permanent damage, but it is somewhat squished between two rocks lying with a straight stick, so, maybe, try not to move your tail? You’ll find it extremely painful as it is—your tail was injured at the base, but it should get better; despite it being slightly limp, it is just over exerted.” A pause to take a deep breath and a sigh to follow, she needed to take a moment. She really did not want to dredge up what he had already gone through.

She went on, her eyes roaming the areas mentioned, with a slight, almost undetectable pause as she reached his face. “You have various cuts and bruising all over, most have healed and some need more time. Those that have been healing, you have the potential to scar. It is yet to be seen if the others will stay, but you have many scars expected to remain. The biggest being your nape, where Ru—he gripped and ripped, but the others are rather thin—nail marks, it seems. A couple on your each side of your lip that travel down to your chin. Three across your right eye…you are lucky they were only superficial. The tips of your ears are slightly tattered, but healed well, already. Overall, I think you got the better outcome.” Obsiously—the other would have been death, and he was very, very much alive. Another cough to shield herself, to turn herself away from the man who saved her.

He saved me.

Her mind whirled as her eyes looked off, unseeing. I was not worth saving. I wasn’t wanted, or needed, in Hushed Willows. So, why? This could not have been tasked to him by Reverie, it would have been from Everett, surely. Wouldn’t it? No, it couldn’t have been from either one of the fallen Angels, they both had washed their hands of her. So, then, why, Tybault, why are you here? Her mind tumbled within itself as it tried to make sense of all that has happened. She wanted to keep speaking to Tybault, but all she could muster was a slightly broken sob, one with filled what could only be described as grief-stricken relief.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
What a wonderful world - by Reina - April 30, 2024, 06:46 PM
RE: What a wonderful world - by Tybault - May 12, 2024, 01:28 PM
RE: What a wonderful world - by Reina - May 12, 2024, 03:09 PM
RE: What a wonderful world - by Tybault - May 12, 2024, 08:26 PM
RE: What a wonderful world - by Reina - May 13, 2024, 01:08 PM