Kintla Flatlands Open letter to hummingbirds
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When Lasher confirmed that he'd been with Blue Willow, Peregrine swallowed and nodded mutely. He gave himself a moment, then said, "I hope it takes. You two will be great parents." Peregrine paused. "I'm almost positive you two aren't romantically interested in each other—right?—but have you considered becoming mates anyway?"

Before Lasher could answer that nosey question, Peregrine explained, "The only reason I ask is because I wonder if the two of you will eventually find mates. Then will your pups feel displaced, the way mine did? I doubt you'd make the same mistakes I did—the two of you are just better people, period—but I know that the strange dynamic really affected my kids. I'm pretty sure it fucked them up," he said quietly. "And I know they're bitter about it."

And that was one of the reasons he hadn't sought them out during his forays to the plateau. He imagined they preferred he let them alone. That was partially an excuse, though, and Peregrine knew it. He had more pressing people and matters to attend to besides his nearly grown kids. It was awful to admit, even silently to himself, and suddenly Peregrine wondered if he and Fox should really go through with having pups.

Because he wasn't exactly a good father. Nor was he a good mate, either, for that matter. The Redleaf-DiSarinno was having an odd moment of clarity and wondered if he should just give up on Fox, Lasher, the caldera, the plateau, his kids—do them all a favor and wander out of their lives.
Messages In This Thread
Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 06:58 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 08, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 08, 2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 08, 2014, 07:46 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 08, 2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 08, 2014, 09:47 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 11:07 PM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 10, 2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 10, 2014, 09:24 AM
RE: Open letter to hummingbirds - by Lasher - November 13, 2014, 12:19 AM